Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
jdg3
0 Kudos

Which books can I read on my Nook?

Hello,

I have a N2E (Nook Touch).  Obviously you can read NOOKBOOKs downloaded through B&N on the Nook.  And I know there's a way to read books from libraries on a Nook through Adobe, which I haven't tried.

Where else can I get books to read on my Nook, and what software do I need? 

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

Re: Which books can I read on my Nook?

ePub and PDF files from just about anywhwere.  If the ePub files have DRM, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions to sideload and unlock them.  DRM free ePub files (Project Gutenberg and many other sources) can be sideloaded and read directly.

There area a couple of exceptions to that general rule - one is ePub files purchased through Apple's iBook store will be DRM locked to Apple devices or Apple software.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Which books can I read on my Nook?

As a clarification, since this has come up before, you need Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer, not on your Nook.  There have been several frustrated users trying to download and install ADE on their Nooks.  There's a link in my signature to using installing and using ADE and to using library books, which you may find useful.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 682 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: