Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Karey
0 Kudos

Re: Wi Fi connection lost-On but won't connect

What does the c6120 error code mean? because I can't register my nook either.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Re: Wi Fi connection lost

Read posts 6, 8, and 10 in this thread.  Do ALL of the steps.

You might also mention how your Wifi is set up, and what kind of router you have.  It will help us figure out what is going on.

New User
spoon1422
0 Kudos

I am also getting Error c6120 on my new Nook when I try to register.  WiFi shows connected.  Have tried all the steps mention to reboot and disconnect the WiFi.  I'm still unable to connect.  Router is a Linksys.  WiFi is WPA.  I have tried everything.  Also, have a Nook Color that at first gave me problems and then was able to connect after two days.  Same router.  Help!  About ready to return this thing to the store.

New User
broadstreet1956
0 Kudos

Same problem!!! Thinking of taking this thing back, very frustrated not being able to use. Have rebooted everything many times, cannot get through to the help center through the phone number. Please help.

New User
olman
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problems as above. Mine shows that the WII is connected but the HOTSPOT will not connect. A screen keeps popping up (WEP) asking for a password. I have no password. It's our own network that it does not like. Otherwise the nook works fine at B&N.

Tryed everything you suggested on other notes. I can not bypass it asking for the password.

Please help..

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

olman wrote:

I'm having the same problems as above. Mine shows that the WII is connected but the HOTSPOT will not connect. A screen keeps popping up (WEP) asking for a password. I have no password. It's our own network that it does not like. Otherwise the nook works fine at B&N.

Tryed everything you suggested on other notes. I can not bypass it asking for the password.

Please help..

Unless your wifi was set up without security you do have a password. If you have WEP security on your router you have a password. I have mine set to WPA2 as it's more secure and I know my password since I set up the router myself. Who set up your router? Sorry I don't know how to access your password if you either forgot it or whoever set up the router didn't give it to you. Go into the settings on your router and see what it says.

Fran

New User
SJM93
0 Kudos

I cannot get my Nook Color to connect to my home wifi. (For the first few weeks I had it, I could, but I can no longer get a connection.) I've tried the steps listed, including the hard reboot, and nothing works! I keep getting an "unsuccessful" message. I am ready to cry! It should not be so difficult to use a $250 "top product of the year." Can someone please help me without using jargon?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

SJM93 wrote:

I cannot get my Nook Color to connect to my home wifi. (For the first few weeks I had it, I could, but I can no longer get a connection.) I've tried the steps listed, including the hard reboot, and nothing works! I keep getting an "unsuccessful" message. I am ready to cry! It should not be so difficult to use a $250 "top product of the year." Can someone please help me without using jargon?

You should post in the Nook Color forum.  This is the legacy nook forum.

Don't fear the jargon.  Learning is empowering.

New User
sis2001
0 Kudos

Re: Connected but Nook won't go online

I bought this Nook a month ago, I have tried everything under the blogs to get it to connect to my WI-FI. I finally took it back today thinking that maybe it was the product itself. At the store they were able to connect to their hotspot, oh how excited I was to get my Nook home. EPIC FAIL again!!!! I have two computers under this router that are under the same password. WHY am I not able to get this nook to connect????  I have a large router so the amount of equipment isn't an issue. So can someone help me before I loose my mind over this over priced piece of useless garbage. (opinion subject to change)   PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

sis2001 wrote:

. So can someone help me before I loose my mind over this over priced piece of useless garbage. (opinion subject to change)   PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Size of the router is not the issue.

But its possible you have turned on MAC address filtering in the past,  (don't do this) or you may have chosen to hide your SSID (pointless) or maybe you have decided to use WEP which is basically useless, and also introduces complications for the Nook.

You will need to post some details about your router and how you have it set up.

If given a choice, use WPA2, EVEN if it means reconfiguring the other devices.  Its just better.

Also DELETE any instances of your router in your Nooks list of hotspots.  Make sure the router has a unique name, and then reboot your router and your nook, and make sure you let your nook scan for devices and pick from the list that it found.  

We need some more detail to help.

Contributor
jeff_nc
0 Kudos

I fixed this problem on my system by logging in to the router and setting the speed to 54 Mbps instead of automatic.
New User
chloe50
0 Kudos

I am having the same problems, I have called several times and am still told to reboot and go thru the process I have done this so many times i am ready to pull out my hair! The problem started with the update, when it tried to update it locked up my nook, i had to go down to B&N to update it with the 1.2 version. When I got home I was unable to get a connection it connected then it said it was disconnected. i find it hard to believe that it is my router as this all started at the update!!!~ I am very frustrated as well...B&N also told me there were no cookies to delete and Hello I found out from my mother in law there are and she told me how to delete them, although I am unable to get a connection so that does not help me very much~~~ I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO AT THIS POINT~~~~Please tell me this is going to be fixed It has been since Wednesday~~~~~~

New User
charsky
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, I'm connected!

New User
DaiseyD
0 Kudos

This worked for me!!!  Thank you.  I was able to get on the web when I first got my Nook, then (after about a week) it would connect to wi-fi but not to web.  I followed these steps for shutting down and holding the off button for 20 seconds and then turning on and holding for 4 seconds and BINGO!  Everything seems to working great. Thank you.  Really appreciate it.

Contributor
NookGirlLM
0 Kudos

Worked thanks!!!!!

Contributor
NookGirlLM
0 Kudos

Worked thanks so much!!!!!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count