Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
johnpaul62
0 Kudos

Wifi Problems again

Nook worked fine on Thurs and Fri nite - NO wifi connection! Tried the hard re-set, tried the "forget" connection,removed battery, and  a hard re-set after all of these things. Still have no network connection!Every thing else in the house works fine with wireless connection. Is there anything else I can do? The nearest B&N store is about 70 miles away, too far to go for this. I`ve done the above solutions quite a few times and still no help,  Thanks, Jeff

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: Wifi Problems again

[ Edited ]
Looks like download to nook isn't working right now. You can download to a PC and sideload, or download to any app, just not to a Nook.
Reader 4
vicluvs2read
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem.  My laptop works so I have WiFi but my Nook keeps saying "Network Unavailable" when I try to download the Free Friday book.  I will just side load books for now.  I don't plan on purchasing anything so I will just wait and see if it corrects itself. 

I can shop from my 1st Edition Nook and I can read The Daily.  I just can't seem to download books from Barnes and Noble using the WiFi. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

vicluvs2read wrote:

I am having the same problem.  My laptop works so I have WiFi but my Nook keeps saying "Network Unavailable" when I try to download the Free Friday book.  I will just side load books for now.  I don't plan on purchasing anything so I will just wait and see if it corrects itself. 

Anyone not using a Nook HD/+ will have a similar issue.  This should be solved within the next 24-48 hours.  I stress should, because one never knows with this sort of thing.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Reader 4
vicluvs2read
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. 

Reader
beckie66
0 Kudos

Having the same problem with my N1E.  Glad I found this post.

Frequent Contributor
johnpaul62
0 Kudos

As of 6pm CDT my Nook is working again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 647 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: