AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Windows wants to Scan and Fix Nook

For some reason when I connect my Nook Windows 7 wants to scan and fix some files on my Nook.  Is this safe to do or are there alternatives?

►Without order there is chaos◄
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
Solutions: 0

Re: Windows wants to Scan and Fix Nook

I did it anyway and Windows found no problems.  I guess Win7 is just being cautious... :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
New User
OneWatt

Win7 will do that with flash drives and other external storage devices. It thinks of the nook's storage space as another standard USB flash memory space, which prompts it to offer up that choice.

I simply ignore it - since I don't really want Win7 wasting time scanning the nook - but it can't do any harm other than chew up a few seconds of your otherwise valuable time :smileyhappy:

New User
dianneZZZ
0 Kudos

Vista gave me that message on a compact flash card containing pictures.  I let it do its thing and it completely destroyed card and all pictures.  The card was no longer useful for anything.  So I am not confident that letting windows do its thing is a good idea.  I don't get that message for my Nook on my XP OS. I get it under Vista and Win 8.  I can't Overdrive to acknowledge it as a device either under Win 8.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:58 members 473 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: