Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Wordsmith
gandalf1369
Posts: 725
Registered: ‎08-13-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


TheBerk13 wrote:

>>Why can't you use your nook at all? Can you not read any books on it?

 

Guess I should have clarified:smileyhappy:  Sorry.  I read books as I buy them, so I have already read all of the books that are in there.  There is a glitch with the latest book I tried to buy two weeks ago, and it is stuck in their system.  I cannot buy any new books and cannot download the one I bought.  So, I have nothing to read and that won't change until they fix the problem.


 

In the interim, could you not download ebooks from your library, Borders, Project Gutenberg, ManyBooks.net, Smashwords, etc. until the problem is cleared up ??  Not the most elegant solution, but at least you will be able to read books until the problem is cleared up . . .

 

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Scribe
frantastk
Posts: 743
Registered: ‎06-29-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


TheBerk13 wrote:

 

 

Guess I should have clarified:smileyhappy:  Sorry.  I read books as I buy them, so I have already read all of the books that are in there.  There is a glitch with the latest book I tried to buy two weeks ago, and it is stuck in their system.  I cannot buy any new books and cannot download the one I bought.  So, I have nothing to read and that won't change until they fix the problem.


 

Ah, gotcha! I have such a backlog of books to be read. There are other booksellers, though, and the library. That's how I got in the position I'm in of having to catch up on hundreds of books to be read. I don't think I'd particularly miss it if I could never buy from B&N again. I don't find it a huge inconvenience to have to sideload books to my nook.

 

Fran

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
Posts: 1,317
Registered: ‎09-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

[ Edited ]

TheBerk13 wrote:

I have had the account for over a year now.  I haven't had any problems until now.  I have regularly bought and downloaded books every week for the last year.... 


 

I assume you cannot purchase books on this webiste either.

 

  • Log into your account on this webiste.
  • Go to My Account and click on Manage Credit Cards.
  • In the drop down list choose "Select default credit card" then press Save.. This should change your default credit card to none.
  • Wait about 15 minutes to be sure the servers have logged the change.
  • Log back into your account and repeat the process except this time select you credit card from the drop down list.
  • Save the change.
  • Wait a bit for the servers to log the change.
  • Try to purchase any NookBook from this site. A free book will do.
  • Try to download the problem book.

 

 Let us know if you have tried this before or if it works.

New User
jpwolfe
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-20-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

Ordered a book 9 January 2010, Have spoken with CS at 3 different times after waiting on phone for 20-30 minutes wait.  Last time 24 hours ago, was told that all was well take a breath sorry about the sorry service, etc.. today 20 January 2010, still could not download the book.  I can order a book now with no problem, but the book I ordered 11 days ago...This is the worst CS I have ever had.  I like my nook but would never recommend it till they get this stuff fixed.

Contributor
TheBerk13
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-11-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

After two weeks, ten phone calls totalling seven hours and several emails...my problem is resolved.  After asking to speak to a supervisor over the last week and not being allowed to, I finally just kept demanding to speak to a supervisor and I would not explain the problem at all to the person I just spoke to...I just kept telling him that I have repeated my story ten times already and I was not repeating it again until I spoke to a supervisor.  After explaining my problem he said that he could fix it immediately.  Within less than one minute the problem was fixed. 

 

While I am happy that it is fixed, this is a fine example of how terrible the customer service is.  After speaking to ten different people who told me ten different things I had gotten nowhere because none of them even understood the problem.  I was very patient and nice about it until the last two days because I just got fed up. If I had talked to even one customer service rep that knew how to do their job over the last two weeks, my problem would not have dragged on.

 

Train those customer service reps!!!  Let customers speak to a supervisor if their problem cannot be resolved!!!

Contributor
TheBerk13
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-11-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

Forgot to mention that even though they cancelled the order and deleted the book from my library, they kept my money.  I paid with a gift card with the remainder on a credit card and my gift card balance is now zero.  So, I get to go another round with customer service to get them to put the money back on my gift card.

 

Wish me luck!!!

New User
IamLadyA
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-19-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

OMG!!!! I am on hold now w/ them for the EXACT SAME THING!!! I cancelled my order and they charged my card anyway!!!! it's only $9.99, but it's MY $9.99 NOT THEIRS! AND I never got the book ... You know you CAN go to Borders and get books there. You have to download their reader software on your computer, plug in your Nook and download that way.. they sell ePub and our Nooks read that folks!!!!!!! I'll never buy another book from Barnes and Nobles as long as I live!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


IamLadyA wrote:

OMG!!!! I am on hold now w/ them for the EXACT SAME THING!!! I cancelled my order and they charged my card anyway!!!! it's only $9.99, but it's MY $9.99 NOT THEIRS! AND I never got the book ... You know you CAN go to Borders and get books there. You have to download their reader software on your computer, plug in your Nook and download that way.. they sell ePub and our Nooks read that folks!!!!!!! I'll never buy another book from Barnes and Nobles as long as I live!


OMG!!!!  Persist.  They'll refund your money.  They've been having numerous problems (just read these boards) since Christmas - not an excuse, but it will be sorted out.

 

Contributor
BrandyAnn81
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-30-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

I feel your pain....My mother-in-law got a Nook for christmas like me and we have been having issues with them.  I decided to give them another chance(and still being up a creek) but she was done she took her nook into B&N and got a refund and point blank told them she was getting a Kindle due to their ineptness.  She has not one problem with it.  Where I am going to have to spend some time on my phone solving another stupid problem with my nook.

Reader 2
pme385
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎02-12-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

Terrible customer service. I got someone who could hardly speak English  I answered all her questions, she then asked them again.

Then put me on "hold" but forgot to mute the phone and for 10 minutes I listened to her tell her co workers what a terrible caller I was, , and "how she was gong to let me sit for 15 minutes" when a supervisor came on the line and I said "that was nice, she should of muted her phone" I was immediately put back on hold  and muted another 10 minutes then music 

 

I am wishing know I purchased a different machine.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


pme385 wrote:

Terrible customer service. I got someone who could hardly speak English  I answered all her questions, she then asked them again.

Then put me on "hold" but forgot to mute the phone and for 10 minutes I listened to her tell her co workers what a terrible caller I was, , and "how she was gong to let me sit for 15 minutes" when a supervisor came on the line and I said "that was nice, she should of muted her phone" I was immediately put back on hold  and muted another 10 minutes then music 

 

I am wishing know I purchased a different machine.


 

Not an excuse, but I wonder why she was telling her co-workers "what a terrible caller" you were.

 

Have you posted your problem here to see if anyone can assist?

Wordsmith
shilohMD
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎12-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


Josienjoe wrote:

 


pme385 wrote:

Terrible customer service. I got someone who could hardly speak English  I answered all her questions, she then asked them again.

Then put me on "hold" but forgot to mute the phone and for 10 minutes I listened to her tell her co workers what a terrible caller I was, , and "how she was gong to let me sit for 15 minutes" when a supervisor came on the line and I said "that was nice, she should of muted her phone" I was immediately put back on hold  and muted another 10 minutes then music 

 

I am wishing know I purchased a different machine.


 

Not an excuse, but I wonder why she was telling her co-workers "what a terrible caller" you were.

 

Have you posted your problem here to see if anyone can assist?


Josienjoe:  I think you know the answers to your last 2 questions...:smileytongue:

 

 

I believe we have another drive-by here...

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

@ shilohMD,

 

I believe you're right.  :smileywink:

AlanNJ
Posts: 3,722
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

Vroom Vroom!

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
Posts: 858
Registered: ‎11-21-2010

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


baby_chyll wrote:

hey hoot! you dumb ass. just throw your nook!!!


I have reported your abusive messages to the moderators.

 

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A


Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎12-28-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


geatdanemomDT wrote:

 


baby_chyll wrote:

hey hoot! you dumb ass. just throw your nook!!!


I have reported your abusive messages to the moderators.

 


I reported too. 

 

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert


Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


avid_reader1590 wrote:

 


geatdanemomDT wrote:

 


baby_chyll wrote:

hey hoot! you dumb ass. just throw your nook!!!


I have reported your abusive messages to the moderators.

 


I reported too. 

 


Me too.  This person only has 10 posts and every single one of them is an attack against another poster.  Nine of them are in another thread on this board.  I've reported them all, and I suggest we ignore him/her from this point on.

 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


baby_chyll wrote:

hey hoot! you dumb ass. just throw your nook!!!


Your post is absolutely uncalled for.  Why are you so angry?

 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

 


Nallia wrote:

 


avid_reader1590 wrote:

 


geatdanemomDT wrote:

 


baby_chyll wrote:

hey hoot! you dumb ass. just throw your nook!!!


I have reported your abusive messages to the moderators.

 


I reported too. 

 


Me too.  This person only has 10 posts and every single one of them is an attack against another poster.  Nine of them are in another thread on this board.  I've reported them all, and I suggest we ignore him/her from this point on.

 


Me, too.  This is absolutely uncalled for.

 

Correspondent
baby_chyll
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎11-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Customer Service!

[ Edited ]
Nallia wrote:

 


avid_reader1590 wrote:

 


geatdanemomDT wrote:

 


baby_chyll wrote:

hey hoot! you dumb ass. just throw your nook!!!


I have reported your abusive messages to the moderators.

 


I reported too. 

 


Me too.  This person only has 10 posts and every single one of them is an attack against another poster.  Nine of them are in another thread on this board.  I've reported them all, and I suggest we ignore him/her from this point on.

 


Me, too.  This is absolutely uncalled for.

 

I REPORTED IT AS WELL!!!

Wits and Confidence are the building blocks of success. I so hate whining FAGS
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
323
207
177
120
114
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 214 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: