Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
cwlady
0 Kudos

Re: Unwanted sample e-book

I received an email stating the books will be deleted by June 16th and its now June 18th.   Is there anything I'm to be doing to get rid of them?

Reader
blunorg
0 Kudos

I received the same email, regarding the 16th date, just confirming the two books are still on my Nook.  Will keep updating my Nook and I guess will be surprised when they magically disappear someday.

If someone hears about another "fix" for this issue - a patch to download, etc., please post so we can all benefit.

Thanks,

Aaron

Reader
blunorg
0 Kudos

FYI to those who are having problems with the "Dead" book issue - not sure if it was coincidence, or because of the latest version update?

I read about the 1.4 version update on the Nook.com site today, so I connected to my wi-fi connection, clicked the "Check for B&N Update" in my Library link, and it downloaded the 1.4 update. 

After installing the update (and doing it's reboot thing), I went back to my Library, and clicked "Check for B&N Update" again.  After sitting for a few seconds, I noticed I didn't have "Page 2" of books (I only have 6 books in my library, so Page 2 was designated as my "Dead" page).  Scrolling through my list, the two "Dead" books are now gone, and I only have the 6 books in my library.

Again, don't know if it's just coincidence, or if the 1.4 update helped resolve the issue.  Either way, I'm glad those books are finally off my Nook.

Aaron

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

NOOK v1.4 software is now available via manual download at www.nook.com/update

with additional information and easy-to-follow directions. NOOKs connected to Wi-Fi will receive an automatic NOOK v1.4 update upon syncing over the next week.

This update offers complimentary AT&T Wi-Fi Access and a Go To Page feature (one of the most frequent enhancements requested by NOOK users).

Please let us know after the update if your issues with the unwanted samples has been resolved.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
cancunVA
0 Kudos

Re: advertising cluttering my nook - HELP

I can't figure out

1.  how to get rid of 'sample' books that I didn't order.

2.  how to get all the covers on books bought to show up.

3.  how to get the far right side of the screen to be consistenly responsive

4.  how to find the answer key to the xword puzzles

not tremendously impressed at the moment.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

cancunVA wrote:

I can't figure out

1.  how to get rid of 'sample' books that I didn't order.

2.  how to get all the covers on books bought to show up.

3.  how to get the far right side of the screen to be consistenly responsive

4.  how to find the answer key to the xword puzzles

not tremendously impressed at the moment.

Have you read the user guide?

If so, and you still have questions you should start a new topic rather than post on an old one. 

Do you have a nook or NookColor?  

If you have a NookColor, the boards are here -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

It is hard to be "impressed" when a gadget doesn't work immediately out of the box, but sometimes it's the gadget and sometimes user error.

Good luck getting up and running. 

New User
Falin
0 Kudos

I apologize if this is not the right place to post, and I realize this is an old thread.

However, I am experiencing today the same problem with my new nook as the original poster from 8 months ago.

I got my nook on December-23-2011, and today (January-15-2011) I found 8 books/samples downloaded to my library, that I did not download.

Is this still a problem BN hasn't fixed?  Do I still have to go through the whole: archiving, deleting, resetting, re-registering and reinstalling everything?

Are others having this problem still / now?

TY

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 320 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: