Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
paige1014
0 Kudos

any way to move ebook from one nook to another?

I don't want to lend the books but would like to move them from my nook to my sister's nook so she can read them. Is there a way to do this? Or at least copy them frim my nook to hers? There are registered under 2 different accounts.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

Re: any way to move ebook from one nook to another?

See the link in my signature on sharing e-books within a family.

New User
Christine76
0 Kudos

When I plug my Nook into my computer to transfer books from mine to my mother's, I can't even find the find the files to transfer-all of my folders appear to be empty.  Where should I be looking?

Inspired Correspondent
apetit
0 Kudos

I'm going to assume that you have a Nook Simple Touch (N2E).  You can't see books that you have purchased from B&N on your Nook from a computer as they are hidden.  You can see them in your library when you go online from your computer to the B&N site.  Simply download them from there to your computer and you will be able to put them where you want.  

Read Doug's information on sharing books.  (See previous post by him.)

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Christine76 wrote:

When I plug my Nook into my computer to transfer books from mine to my mother's, I can't even find the find the files to transfer-all of my folders appear to be empty.  Where should I be looking?

As the PP said, you'll need to download them to your computer.  The easiest way to do this is to download Nook for PC and use it to download the books.  Once you sync Nook for PC to your library, you'll probably have to click on each book and download it.  If you have a lot of books, I believe it will only automatically download the first 5 or something like that.

Using Nook for PC is easier because (1) the books always download to the same location and (2) you'll get a more recognizable and correct file name.  When you download books directly from the website the file name is generally the ISBN number only, in a format such as this:  1234566666.v2.epub.  The Nook won't recognize the file correctly until you remove the first period.  Nook for PC downloads a file that includes part of the book name.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 84 members 1,004 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: