Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
joh53
0 Kudos

content error message on nook

Recently, my nook was unresponsive, so I first powered down, then removed and replaced the battery. That worked, but then I had to redownload all my books; 30 of them will not download, I just keep getting a B&N content error message. Tech support (both email and phone) hasn't been any help! They keep telling me to power down or reboot (which Ive done 5 times now without any luck). Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it? Thanks!

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: content error message on nook

Something you might try is archiving and unarchiving one of the problem books. You might try just the first one in your library that doesn't want to download. It could be corrupted, but archiving and unarchiving will force it to download a new copy.

Connect the nook to wifi; go to your online library and put one of the problem books in archive. Check for new content on the nook.

Go back to the online library and put the archived book back into the library and check for new content again on the nook.

If this works, then you can try archiving and unarchiving 2-3 books at a time. Be sure to check for new content each time you archive and unarchive.

Let us know if that works.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
joh53
0 Kudos

I just tried it, but unfortunately it didn't work; thanks anyway!

Correspondent
tabascobaby
0 Kudos

have you tried accessing the books on a computer with the nook apps?

also when this happened to me i sideloaded them, and waited a while then tried it with the regular way and they worked, if not then call customer service again and stress that you have done all the problem shoots.

Contributor
joh53
0 Kudos

I just tried it, but the same 30 books won't download on the computer either. Thanks anyway, I appreciate the help.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

joh53 wrote:

I just tried it, but the same 30 books won't download on the computer either. Thanks anyway, I appreciate the help.

Can you download them one at a time? One bad file can keep all the books from downloading. 

Contributor
joh53
0 Kudos

No, none of them will download individually either.

New User
KIMMY98
0 Kudos

Try  unregistering/registering your device. after you have successfully registered, try downloading free ebooks:smileywink:

Contributor
joh53
0 Kudos

I did try that too, no luck! 

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

joh53 wrote:

I did try that too, no luck! 

Sounds like your best bet is to visit a nearby B&N store and see if they can help with the problem. If they cannot, at least they can help get the ball rolling on a replacement if you qualify.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Frequent Contributor
lewellyn
0 Kudos

Contributor
joh53
0 Kudos

I finally got someone at tech support who figured out the problem; turns out the problem is with the books themseves, not my nook. The books are from Google ePub, which aren't available on B&N anymore. TRhey're going to delete them from my library and refund any money i spent on them. Thank you everyone who sent suggestions, I really do appreciate all the help!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 543 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: