Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
naomileaann
0 Kudos

crash of nook

my nook has crashed, it died while reading a review of byzantium. the battery won't even move the charge. NOTHING. it is still on the page it crashed on after 3 weeks. i am possibly thinking about the k word even though I TRULY LOVE THE NOOK. and i agree with another writer, IT NEEDS A LIGHT.

New User
cxi1
0 Kudos

Re: crash of nook

Try removing the battery momentarily, then reinstalling it. I just got my Nook yesterday and it had done the same thing already last night. Removing and reinstalling the battery is the only thing that worked. Your content should still be all there. Mine was.

Contributor
naomileaann
0 Kudos

thank for your help, i called customer service and found out it crashed because i was turning the pages too much. they helped me get it uncrashed and all is good. i love my nook so much.

Contributor
naomileaann
0 Kudos

i didn't mean too much, i meant too fast

Reader 2
mma2129
0 Kudos

Thank you!  Taking the battery out and putting it back in reset my nook.  I hope it does not happen often. :smileyhappy:

New User
blackopsdeb
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I was having a little trouble with the highlighting feature. Thanks for the advice, cxi1. It appears to be working now.

Frequent Contributor
TogetherForGood
0 Kudos

I don't think I'd like a nook with an inherent light.

Have you tried a paperback version of the LightWedge with it? Always used that with my hardcopy books and now use it with my nook. Very convenient and useful.

Hope this idea helps,

Angie

www.boundtogetherforgood.blogspot.com
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 280 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: