Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
HilMc
0 Kudos

downloaded ebook but won't show up on nook

I bought an ebook and I received an B&N email saying I could access it from my library, but it will neither open properly on my computer, nor will it show up on my nook. I thought these transactions were supposed to automatically transfer over to my nook? What am I doing wrong?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Re: downloaded ebook but won't show up on nook

As noted in a number of other messages on this board, and on the Customer Service phone announcement, B&N's been having server problems and e-book deliveries have not been going smoothely.

New User
samhamm7
0 Kudos

will i eventually get the books i purchased delivered to my nook?

Frequent Contributor
JaneRenee
0 Kudos

I'm in the same boat here. All but one of my e-books is showing up on my Nook. It's in my Library on Nook for PC, though.

So will we be getting them on our Nook?

-Jane Renee
Frequent Contributor
JaneRenee
0 Kudos

Ok, so what I did to fix this was:

I went to my Nook on PC and I had to click to Refresh my Library (which I had done several times), and then I clicked to "Check for new BN content" (again) on my Nook, and it magically worked this time.

Btw, I plugged my Nook into my laptop first (which helped it use its 3G somehow). Just make sure to Eject it so you can use it to try and get your books on there.

Good luck!

-Jane Renee
Reader 2
Southerlee
0 Kudos

I'm having that trouble today as well...The free fridays book has been put in my library, but isn't downloading to my nook...I get a message saying to try again later?

Wordsmith
Michael-V

@All,

There is currently system maintenance being performed.   FYI.

Frequent Contributor
luminessence
0 Kudos

I had this happen with a book I bought today too. What I did was download the book directly from the Barnes & Noble website (it wouldn't download to Nook for PC either, but I was able to directly download it) and then sideload it onto my Nook.

New User
matilda44
0 Kudos

New User
Schuey
0 Kudos

Downloaded Sample on Nook won't Show up on Barnes and Noble.com

I got a sample on my nook, but after it won't show up on Barnes and Noble.com. I have tried plugging in my nook and refreshing the page, but none of this is working. If anyone has any ideas, please write back!

New User
Schuey
0 Kudos

Try restarting your nook or buying it again. That is all the help I can give.

New User
lilyjane0711
0 Kudos

Re: downloaded ebook shows up on Nook, but won't open

I have a similar problem.  The book appears on the nook, but when I go to read the book, it says "opening your book" and then just drops me back at the library.  I tried re-downloading, but it says I already have the book.  I tried deleting it and sideloading it, but it still doesn't work. I have tried "check for new content".   I have been charged for my books, but I can't read them--they are there, but I can't open them.  I'd say this was just a corrupt file, but this happens with about 75% of the books I'm buying.  I am literally more likely to NOT be able to access a book than I am to be able to see it!

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Re: downloaded ebook shows up on Nook, but won't open

lilyjane0711 wrote:

I have a similar problem.  The book appears on the nook, but when I go to read the book, it says "opening your book" and then just drops me back at the library.  I tried re-downloading, but it says I already have the book.  I tried deleting it and sideloading it, but it still doesn't work. I have tried "check for new content".   I have been charged for my books, but I can't read them--they are there, but I can't open them.  I'd say this was just a corrupt file, but this happens with about 75% of the books I'm buying.  I am literally more likely to NOT be able to access a book than I am to be able to see it!

Go to your account online and archive and un archive the books that won't download, then check for new content on your Nook.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 60 members 638 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: