Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
kmi14113
0 Kudos

Re: eBooks won't download.

Might have worked for you, but not for me. supposedly it is happening just to Mastercard and paypal users but on my other thread, i heard it was affecting visa as well. I did all the above and never did get my books and can't download things i paid for months ago as well.

New User
blue_solace
0 Kudos

For anyone who finds this thread with the same problem- I emailed BN CS and they sent this back to me which worked like a charm. Thanks to CS if you're reading this.

"Dear Customer, Thank you for writing to us regarding your NOOK Book downloads. >From the problem you described, you may need to refresh the digital content on your NOOK Simple Touch?. Please follow these easy steps: ?

Turn off your NOOK Simple Touch? completely by pressing and holding down the power button for about 3-5 seconds.

? Tap ?Power Off?. ?

After one minute, turn your NOOK Simple Touch? on. ?

On the Home Page, go to ?Library? and tap the sync button located in the upper right corner of the screen.

This should synchronize your NOOK Book purchases and downloads. Any new NOOK Book purchases should now appear in your Library. We hope you find this information helpful. If you require further assistance, please call 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), Monday through Friday from 8AM to 11PM EST, Saturdays and Sundays 9AM to 11PM and select option 2 for NOOK Support. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and we look forward to hearing from you. Have a good day! Sincerely, Chen Customer Service Representative -

Apologies for the bad formatting. My email may have messed with it.

New User
vetteman
0 Kudos

I had a problem downloading new eBooks for the first time when I first got my NOOK Tablet. The solution was to de-register and re-register the device. Remember to remove your SD card before you de-register as the process deletes the content on your device. Not sure if it effects your SD card or not but it is is not worth the risk. After re-registering you will need to download all your content. Hope this helps someone and saves a call to tech support.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 940 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: