Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
alleycat36305

error code c7851

Just wanted to know if others are getting this message. B&N tells me this is a database error and lots are getting it, but several of my friends are not.  They say they are working on the problem but have no time frame for completion.

New User
caclark
0 Kudos

Re: error code c7851

Yes, I just got my Nook today and I've been getting them every time i try to do something. It also randomly kicks me out of a game of chess or the book I'm reading.

New User
bigboy2
0 Kudos

Thank goodness I finally got at least a half answer to the question what does error c7851 mean!! I can not get into my library on my nook!! Everytime I try I get that error. I have tried tech support twice today and all they say is try again in an hour. Well I have been doing that all day and I still am getting the error. Now what.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Go to your Settings page and check your serial number. If your serial number says "0", your NOOK is dead and will need to be replaced.

If you've got a good serial number, you'll need to do a "factory fallback", which completely resets your NOOK to the original factory-new state. This will erase all content and settings from your NOOK (but not any added microSD card), so be sure you've got everything backed up before you do this. See this posting for information on how to do this: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Error-Message-c7851/m-p/728877#M26851

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 27 members 529 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: