Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
mrsbarre
0 Kudos

extended nook warranty

does the 3 year extended nook warranty replace chargers for free

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: extended nook warranty

mrsbarre wrote:

Not sure.  Have you read it to find out?  I believe when you use your extended warranty, it's done with, so I'm not sure I'd use it to replace a faulty charger anyway.

New User
bw112755
0 Kudos

Re: games

can i download games to my nook?

mrsbarre wrote:
Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Don't hijack a thread about warranty to ask about games.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

I think the poster realized his/her mistake, because they did make a separate post asking the same question.

:smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike

mrsbarre wrote:

If it doesn't, there is nothing too magical about that charger.  You can buy a new one from B&N and they have them in most stores:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/nook-AC-Adapter-USB-Cable-Kit/e/9781615600601/?bnit=H&cds2Pid=35725

Or you can walk into most electronics store or even visit Amazon.com and pick up a replacement wall charger for an iPhone for under four bucks, or this replacement Wall Charger for just over two bucks.

If you have a Android phone most of them use the same charger.

The cord for the charger is sold separately and don't pay more than two bucks for that.

So, short answer:  Don't waste your warranty for a charger or a cord.

Contributor
gotbook
0 Kudos

I have a problem with my charger today, and I brought it in to BN, the manager call the ware house to get my charger replace, since I just got my Nook color on xmast, and I also purchased the extended warrantee.  So you mean that my warrantee is done   when I recieve my new charger? in that case it is a rip off.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@ gotbook,

No, it doesn't mean you've used your extended warranty.  It probably means that a nice manager acknowledged that your charger was defective and got you a new one.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

@gotbook,

As Josienjoe said it was probably just a store manager being nice and just exchanging your charger since yours was apparently defective. 

As to the question of "So you mean that my warrantee is done   when I recieve my new charger? in that case it is a rip off." why didn't you just ask the manager when you were in the store getting the charger exchanged??

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

gotbook: except for mishandling (dropping, etc.), the extended warranty doesn't begin until the manufacturer's warranty ends. The charger replacement was either made under the manufacturer's warranty or, as others have suggested, just out of fairness. There have been a number of reports of problems with NOOKcolor chargers and cables.

So nothing to worry about.

Contributor
gotbook
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your replies, I feel alot better now. I do love my Nook Color :smileyhappy: and BN here in Bakersfield has really nice team of people working for them. They always very helpful, although, they need more employee in the store.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 235 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: