Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
gus12
0 Kudos

help registering nook

Somehow my nook autoresetted to factory setting without warning. When I tried to register the device again to my barnes and noble account I couldn't, because of error c7850.

Does somebody know how to solve this. It may have something to do with the fact that the device appears as registered in my barnes and noble account but appears unregistered in the nook itself

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: help registering nook

gus12 wrote:

Somehow my nook autoresetted to factory setting without warning. When I tried to register the device again to my barnes and noble account I couldn't, because of error c7850.

Does somebody know how to solve this. It may have something to do with the fact that the device appears as registered in my barnes and noble account but appears unregistered in the nook itself

Not sure exactly what the problem is but if you do a search on that error code in the forums, you will get several threads where other people have encountered it.  It doesn't look too promising - most of the people had to have their nook replaced.

One additional thing to check - is your nook's serial number listed as "0" in the settings menu??  If so, then it's almost a sure bet that the nook will have to be replaced.

Good luck . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@gus12,

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.  Please let us know if your issue was resolved.

Reader
gus12
0 Kudos

Sucks, my serial number appears to be 0 and there is no chance of replacing it (I don't live in USA).  

thanks for replying anyway

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

By Phone
Call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665)1-877-886-5022.
International customers should call us at 201-559-3882201-438-1475.
New User
Belyle
0 Kudos

My nook did the same thing as the OP's nook.  For some reason, after I charged it yesterday, it was reset to factory.  After some digging, I checked my serial #, and it was 0.  I upgraded to 1.4, still no luck. I called 800thebook, and they had me reset it again using 6x20sec hold power button. Still, serial number was 0.  They told me they would replace it, but I wanted to try taking it to my store first.  

Since my nook was ordered through my bn, they were able to replace it in store.  It saved me a couple of weeks waiting.  Now, I just need to charge my new nook and register it all up.  It's worth a shot if you can't wait the two weeks.

New User
ry-z
0 Kudos

when my wife went overseas it updated it's self and wiped everthing. I lost my serial number, it down graded to ver.1.1 and all the books I bought. I upgraded to ver 1.7, tried to shut it off 6 times and down graded back to 1.1. It will not let me register. I have read a lot of post this is a know issue with no know fix. I have called several times to customer service they are useless. If you are from b&n why don't you just admit to the problem?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 745 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: