Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

pji
Contributor
pji
0 Kudos

how do i access and use micro SD card?

So can you give me some ideas on how to access.  yes i can side load files but do not know how to see or access them on nook itself.  any suggestions would be welcomed.

Christian
Inspired Wordsmith
LM44
0 Kudos

Re: how do i access and use micro SD card?

Any ebooks on the sd card will be displayed in 'My Documents'.

At the main menu, select my library then select 'View my documents'.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@pji

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

If your microSD card is good and properly installed and locked into place (see User's Manual and/or the video on the Nook website for this), then your Nook will automatically access the card with no further effort required on your part.

In "Settings" under "Available Memory", the microSD card will show up separately.  When your Nook is connected to your computer, the card will show as a separate removable drive -- be sure to Eject it separately, before you Eject your Nook.

Everything you sideload to the card will appear in My Documents, not in My B&N Library.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
pji
Contributor
pji
0 Kudos

Thanks that's great to know.  I will try shortly but... can i also use for my music?

Christian
ABthree
0 Kudos

pji wrote:

Thanks that's great to know.  I will try shortly but... can i also use for my music?

Yes, you can.

-- St. Basil the Great+
pji
Contributor
pji
0 Kudos

Okay I put on my card two audio books and do not see them anywhere? and... i put on my main drive in a folder (that i did not create but was there) a audiobook in the audio folder and do not see that one either? 

Am I doing it wrong?  Please advise me.  Thanks.

Christian
ABthree
0 Kudos

pji wrote:

Okay I put on my card two audio books and do not see them anywhere? and... i put on my main drive in a folder (that i did not create but was there) a audiobook in the audio folder and do not see that one either? 

Am I doing it wrong?  Please advise me.  Thanks

First, go to Settings and make sure that your Nook is seeing the card.
If the Nook is seeing the card go to "My Documents" and tap "Check for New Content":  you should see them.  If that doesn't work, try it again -- sometimes it takes more than one try.
If that doesn't work, turn the Nook all the way off, then turn it on again, go to "My Documents", and check again.
-- St. Basil the Great+
pji
Contributor
pji
0 Kudos

i checked my setting and card is okay

i moved the newly purchased ebook and side loaded to my card and that works great like a charm. i can see that new ebook in my documents but...

i am not sure how to see audio books? 

one is side loaded to main drive into the audio folder,

one I side loaded to documents folder,

one i side loaded to music folder on main drive

last one i side loaded to card

i completely turned off device

i went to documents and asked to update content

i went to audio

can't see anywhere?

if they have an audio folder? Does that mean they can use audio?

Any suggestions - thanks : - )

Christian
Wordsmith
h2oskierc
0 Kudos

Audio books will show up in the Audio area, not in the library, so be sure you are looking there.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

pji wrote:

Am I doing it wrong?  Please advise me.  Thanks.

If the audio books are not in mp3 format then you will not be able to use them

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 904 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: