Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
cluelessLT
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

my Nook says it is installing a new software update this will take a few minutes.

It will not advance from this screen.  has anyone else had the same problem?

Reader 4
wildy_v
0 Kudos

Re: my Nook says it is installing a new software update this will take a few minutes.

Similar... as of Monday it's been checking for New B&N updates and none of my books are showing. All I did was go and update my credit card. I chatted with online support which helped me troubleshoot by de registering and re registering but since I have no wifi at work I had to wait to get home to check. Once I was home... nothing. Still no items in my library. I again got online with support who guided me thru 6 cycles of powering the nook off to reboot to factory settings and still no luck. I finally gave in and called CS (which I already new was no use) and after explaining the whole situation, waiting for over 30 mins while she went back and forth with her manager I was told I needed to purchase a NST or a NC. I am still shocked and trying to figure out what happened. If anyone knows of a way to fix this please let me know. I love my nook and besides the crack side issue, this is the first time it's giving me problems. And I think I'm not getting the help I should because I feel B&N is just trying to get away from the N1E. Help someone, please! I miss my nook!

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Re: my Nook says it is installing a new software update this will take a few minutes.

Hook your nook up to the computer and delete the update file on the Nook.

New User
cluelessLT
0 Kudos

Thank you that worked.

New User
al57AA
0 Kudos

I tried to delete the file, but while windows (Vista) lets me see that there is a device, it is identified as a missing insertable disk, and I cannot access it or copy to it.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 266 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: