Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
kdoherty
0 Kudos

nook replacement

Hello maybe somebody here has some insight,  I called BN and  received an RMA for my Nook 1st Edition because the device would not turn on.  I mailed the device to them on March 14, 2012.  The device was received by BN on March 21,2012. per UPS delivery tracking.  I have phoned BN a couple times talking to support, and supervisors, to check on the status of the return only to receive different information each time. The information ranges from; we have not received the old device yet, to a new device was shipped, to we can't locate any information on your device, or you will be contacted within 5 days  by email after we receive your old device for a status update.  There has not been any two instances of consistent information.  Anyone here know what to expect from this type of situation?  Should I go ahead and assume the device is lost and file a claim my states attorney general.? Thanks for any suggestions folks.

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

Re: nook replacement

I am sorry to hear about your predicament with B&N.  I have never had a bad experience with their customer service system, however,  I know some times these things happen.  Have you been to your local brick-and-mortar B&N store?  Perhaps speaking with the store's manager would get your situation resolved. Make sure you show them all the documentation you have about B&N receiving your old device. 

Good luck!

Lector GS
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

kdoherty wrote:

Hello maybe somebody here has some insight,  I called BN and  received an RMA for my Nook 1st Edition because the device would not turn on.  I mailed the device to them on March 14, 2012.  The device was received by BN on March 21,2012. per UPS delivery tracking.  I have phoned BN a couple times talking to support, and supervisors, to check on the status of the return only to receive different information each time. The information ranges from; we have not received the old device yet, to a new device was shipped, to we can't locate any information on your device, or you will be contacted within 5 days  by email after we receive your old device for a status update.  There has not been any two instances of consistent information.  Anyone here know what to expect from this type of situation?  Should I go ahead and assume the device is lost and file a claim my states attorney general.? Thanks for any suggestions folks.

Try PMing one of the site moderators, they have been helpful in getting problems like this resolved. 

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

If I were you, I'd try and PM Alex.  He's usually pretty helpful.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Contributor
kdoherty
0 Kudos

An update to this topic,  I received a suggestion here that visiting a local BN store may yield better results in getting my replacement Nook, or even some consistent information about the status of the returned Nook. Short story, after the manager at my local store phoned support concerning my issue, he finally stated I would have my replacement Nook in 3-5 days.  I have not received it as of yet. I have finally just filed a complaint with the Massachusetts Attorney General's office as I have no more time to devote to this issue of Barnes and Noble's.  

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

kdoherty wrote:

An update to this topic,  I received a suggestion here that visiting a local BN store may yield better results in getting my replacement Nook, or even some consistent information about the status of the returned Nook. Short story, after the manager at my local store phoned support concerning my issue, he finally stated I would have my replacement Nook in 3-5 days.  I have not received it as of yet. I have finally just filed a complaint with the Massachusetts Attorney General's office as I have no more time to devote to this issue of Barnes and Noble's.  

As was suggested you need to contact Alex on this board he has successfully resolved many problems.

Contributor
kdoherty
0 Kudos

I have not any idea whom an "Alex" is in which to present my case.  A Barnes and Noble employee?  I would think i have full filled my obligation contacting the employees of this company, the matter will be resolved in time. Thanks for the further advice, cheers

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

kdoherty wrote:

I have not any idea whom an "Alex" is in which to present my case.  A Barnes and Noble employee?  I would think i have full filled my obligation contacting the employees of this company, the matter will be resolved in time. Thanks for the further advice, cheers

BN_AlexG pm him he is one of the site administrators he is employed by B&N.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 707 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: