Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Re: nook won't connect to wireless internet

What I find strange is someone revivifying a months dead thread about the no-longer-for-sale, no-longer-supported 1st gen B&W NOOK, to complain and find solutions for problems with their NOOK Color.

Call me, I don't know...logical, but I would think more and better help might come from posting in a NOOK Color thread. :smileysurprised:

Contributor
MAVP
0 Kudos

It's always funny, and more than a little annoying, whenever a "techie" demands this kind of information of us and sounds exasperated that we didn't immediately offer the dimensions of the green wires, in milimeters, that are located somehwere within our nooks. If we knew what in the heck you were talking about - we probably wouldn't need your help!

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
New User
blackie64
0 Kudos

skip4119 wrote:

my  nook won't  connect to linksys in my house; i don't get it, its not any different than wi fi. i spent two hours on phone w/ technical support and their answer was to try it at some other location. i would have thought the nook would download / communicate in my house. if i have to go to barnes and noble, or some other wifi, i might as well go buy a book the traditional way- in paper

New User
texpaul
0 Kudos

Mine won't connect. Barely recognizes touch after repeated touches. Network is seen and i put in my password but the 'connect' button doesn't react. Please admit this equipment has widespread problems and recall it. This issue is splattered everywhere on the internet. On second thought, keep up the ruse that it's ok and waste everyones time thinking it's their IP or router at fault. I'll post a thorough video review exposing this dog.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

texpaul wrote:

Mine won't connect. Barely recognizes touch after repeated touches. Network is seen and i put in my password but the 'connect' button doesn't react. Please admit this equipment has widespread problems and recall it. This issue is splattered everywhere on the internet. On second thought, keep up the ruse that it's ok and waste everyones time thinking it's their IP or router at fault. I'll post a thorough video review exposing this dog.

Exactly which Nook are you talking about because you've posted on the Nook 1st Edition thread, a device that hasn't been in production two at least two years now.  So I doubt they're   going to recall it.

New User
djmDM
0 Kudos

Same thing with me....I've called B&N Tech Support for over 2 weeks and with every tech person I get the same questions.....and in the end they say something must be wrong with my router.....NOT....I paid a tech company to check all my settings and everything is working great.   Everything but the Nook.

They sent out a replacement, and it did the same thing as mine.  I got an older Nook and it has touch/slide guide issues.  Won't acknowledge the touch unless I almost bang on it.  It was a refurbished Nook so don't go with that anyone!!!!!  I had to send mine back and now and stuck with a piece of crap...probably wasn't even anything wrong with mine other than the Nook Color software or something else with the Nook technical stuff.....

If anyone has any answers please let me know!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:111 members 576 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: