Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
virnalisa
0 Kudos

online to nook purchase transfer

I have purchased an ebook for my son's nook online at barnes and nobles. I can not get the book to load or transfer to my son's nook. This is frustrating. Why will it not load onto the nook when connected? 

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: online to nook purchase transfer

In order for the book to load automatically to the nook. It must be purchased in the account the nook is registered to.

There is no way to purchase an eBook for someone else's account at this time.

You can download the book to your computer and then sideload it via the USB able to the nook. You will then be asked to enter the credit card information used to purchase the book to unlock it.

New User
virnalisa
0 Kudos

I downloaded the book to my computer. I then went to the file and connected to my nook. It now says it can't read it and does nothing when connected to the nook.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

When you connect the nook to your computer it shows up as an additional disk drive.

Drag the downloaded book to the "my documents" folder on this drive.

After disconnecting the nook from the computer (by ejecting the drive), Select your library from the nook main screen and then my documents from the library screen.

Select check for new content and the book should show up.

You might be asked for the name and credit card number of the credit card used to purchase the book to unlock it.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Did you register the nook to the BN account?

Contributor
adshun
0 Kudos

I sideloaded the book I purchased for my daughter and it prompts me for name and credit card used when I purchased the book.  However it does not accept what I put on there and doesn't give me access to her books.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

adshun wrote:

I sideloaded the book I purchased for my daughter and it prompts me for name and credit card used when I purchased the book.  However it does not accept what I put on there and doesn't give me access to her books.

Check the name you are inputting.  Although it would logically be the name on the card, I believe it's actually the name on your BN account, so if they are different, try entering the name on the B&N account and see if that works.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 24 members 193 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: