Frequent Contributor
SlackerLibrarian
0 Kudos

"Lend Me" problems.

Okay, the problem is not actually with the "LendMe" feature, but I was loaned a few books and because I liked them so much I purchased them.  This was within the last couple of months...anyhoo, now if I try to open the books on my nook it says "The Lending period for this eBook has expired".  Well, yes it has...but I own the eBook now, so why isn't it allowing me to read it on my nook.  I can read it on my iPod Touch, my computer...but not my nook.  Any suggestions on what I should do or what is happening?

SL

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: "Lend Me" problems.

@ SlackerLibrari...

Are the purchased books in your online B&N library?  

I've not used the "LendMe" feature - when someone lends you a book, does it show up in your online library?  If so, can it be deleted?

Have you "checked for new B&N content" since you purchased the books?

Frequent Contributor
SlackerLibrarian
0 Kudos

Yep, they are in my B&N library.

Once they are returned, you'll still see them in your library as a "suggestion" to buy if you haven't purchased it.  But you can delete it from there.

I've checked for new B&N content about ten times and still get the same problem.

What's weird is that I borrowed 4 books (the Kate Daniels books by Ilona Andrews) and 3 of them give me that message when I try to open them.  The first book..."Magic Bites" doesn't give me that problem at all.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

@ SlackerLibrari...

I've only borrowed one book, so I'm not much help.  But have you tried to power down your nook and re-start it?

Also, I've seen suggestions about archiving and then un-archiving in respect to some ebook issues.  Maybe that would work for you.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@SlackerLibrari…,

Are you still experiencing this issue?  Have you tried archiving, checking for new B&N content then unarchiving?

Frequent Contributor
SlackerLibrarian
0 Kudos

I'm still having the same problem.  I'll try the "archiving" and then "unarchiving" today and report back!

Frequent Contributor
SlackerLibrarian
0 Kudos

Tried the "archiving" and "unarchiving" on the eBooks...

it didn't work.

I archived the 3 eBooks and then checked for new content and then unarchived the eBooks.  Still the same response that the books lending period has expired.   I even turned the nook off after archiving and then turned it back on and then unarchived and got the same message.

Any other suggestions?

Kim

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Re: Tried the "archiving" and "unarchiving" on the eBooks...

Frequent Contributor
SlackerLibrarian
0 Kudos

I think that will be my next move.

I didn't want to do the unregistering/registering again, but I think I will have to.

Thanks!

Kimberly

Contributor
Pat_I_Am
0 Kudos

Re: I think that will be my next move.

This is very bad support if so many users are sitting around guessing and getting suggestions from the unknowledgeable. Nook support people should get to the bottom of it and report back with a definitive solution. Don't they read these questions?

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Re: I think that will be my next move.

Try checking the date on the threads, you are commenting on things that were handled months ago.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:36 members 356 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: