Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
aaaJT
0 Kudos

subscriptions

how do i cancel newspaper subscriptions during trial period?

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

Re: subscriptions

You can cancel your subscription under your account on our website.  First log into your account here. 

From here, you need to go to your eBooks library.  Find the subscription you want to cancel. Beside the title of the subscription is a link to "Manage Subscription." When you click on that link, it will take you to the Manage Digital Subscriptions page. Beside the title, click on "Cancel Subscription."

Any issues in your eBooks Library before you canceled the subscription will remain in your eBooks Library, and you can redownload those issues to your nook and your Barnes and Noble eReader.

New User
aaaJT
0 Kudos

how do i cancel newspaper subscriptions?

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

Re: how do i cancel newspaper subscriptions?

I posted a reply to your question in a previous thread.  In the future, we'd appreciate if you please refrain from posting the same question twice.  It helps to keep our board more organized. 

New User
enroh
0 Kudos

Re: how do I cancel newspaper subscriptions?

Instead of complaining to the customers, you should make the cancellation process as easy as the subscription process on the bn.com website.
New User
gigi2010
0 Kudos

I can't stop my wife's subscription to Womean's Day Magazine. The "Cancel" is not a "hot link." It doesn't do anything. What gives????

New User
weare
0 Kudos

I certainly agree with the other poster.  It should be very easy to cancel to a free trial subscription instead I spent 30 minutes on the Nook to no avail. 

This feature in itself will prevent me from recommending the Nook to others. 

Shame on you.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

weare wrote:

I certainly agree with the other poster.  It should be very easy to cancel to a free trial subscription instead I spent 30 minutes on the Nook to no avail. 

This feature in itself will prevent me from recommending the Nook to others. 

Shame on you.

I've had trial subscriptions to about 10 different magazines now and I've never had a problem canceling any of them.  I did it from the website, went to My Nook, found the subscription, clicked on manage subscription and clicked cancel.

Reader
dmminmich
0 Kudos

I second the "shame on you" comment.  It is VERY DIFFICULT to cancel a subscription to a daily paper.  You have to go to the "My Library" under My Nook.  Then you have to look through EVERYTHING.  For example, I chose the NY Times daily paper free trial for 14 days.   Now I want to cancel it.  I have to look through the My Library at all 13 days of papers, and somewhere, buried in those paper icons, ONE of them has a "Manage Your Subscription" link.   And through that, I am able to cancel.  It is even more confusing than this poor attempt to explain it.  Worse, I did 'live chat' support, and that person was very unhelpful.

New User
Domo66
0 Kudos

I too am having problems with unsubscribing; this time from Woman and Home (UK magazine). I signed up to the free offer.  It's there in my library - I've had 2 months now and have tried repeatedly to cancel it, but I keep going round in circles, there are no links to 'Managing' or 'Unsubscribing' anywhere that I can see on the Nook.  Then when I go to the website, it seems to think I don't have any magazines in my library, they're not listed, so I can't cancel an unlisted item.  And so they keep arriving and I'm getting charged.  I've emailed B&N today in the hope someone helps me out of this Groundhog Day / Kafkaesque situation.  It cannot be argued that unsubscribing is easy at all, it's deliberately difficult to my mind. Oh and I've read the Nook user guide and it has no information at all about how to unsubscribe it just says that you have to unsubscribe in order to stop getting items grr grr grr!

New User
Domo66
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OK, I have solved the problem myself, hooray, it's only taken my a couple of hours....

I went back to the original magazine subscription confirmation email and clicked on the link they sent me.  I should not be in the Barnes and Noble site at all (so not in here) as this does not correctly link me to my account properly, it looks like it does - but it doesn't really! The email link takes me to NOOK UK site, and everything is there as it should be, clearly and easy to find. Next to the picture of my magazine subscription was the 'manage' button and right there is the 'unsubscribe' button which I've clicked and apparently in 30 minutes my magazine subscription will be gone.  So guys make sure you're in the right place then it's simples.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 716 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: