06-22-2010 01:01 PM
Thank you for posting. We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable.
1. Unplug the device if it is plugged in.
2. While unplugged, hold down the power button for 15 seconds to make sure the device is off.
3. Plug the device into the wall (with the battery still in it). The yellow LED should come on within 10-30 seconds.
4. If the yellow LED does come on, leave the device plugged in and allow it to charge. After 30 minutes or so, it should boot up and charge fully.
5. If the yellow LED does not come on after step 3, go ahead and remove the plug, and then remove the battery.
6. Leave the battery for 4 hours (overnight if possible). This step basically allows the battery to “reset”
7. After the 4 hours, go ahead and re-insert the battery.
8. Plug the device into the wall. The yellow LED should come on within 10-30 seconds. If so, leave it plugged in and allow it to boot and charge.
NOOK v1.4 software is now available via manual download at www.nook.com/update
with additional information and easy-to-follow directions. NOOKs connected to Wi-Fi will receive an automatic NOOK v1.4 update upon syncing over the next week.
This update offers complimentary AT&T Wi-Fi Access and a Go To Page feature (one of the most frequent enhancements requested by NOOK users).
If this issue continues and there is a store near you a store rep can put a “good” battery in the device to get it to boot up. After it’s booted, they can swap the battery with the defective battery.
Please let us know is your issue continues.
06-22-2010 02:05 PM
Are you pressing the "Home Button" (the upside-down U on the lower center of the front face).
Be aware, the touch screen and Home Button are not pressure sensitive, they detect the electro-static charge of a finger so use a bare finger, not a stylus or gloved finger.
06-22-2010 03:22 PM
also, if, for some reason, the home button isn't responding, push the power button once very quickly at the top of the device. it will (should) light up the touch screen, or, if your nook is asleep, will wake it up.
09-16-2013 09:12 PM
Went searching for a fix to my touchscreen issue and stumbled across your instructions. Followed them and the touchscreen is now working again! Disaster averted!! Thanks