Contributor
Fred_
0 Kudos

2.1 Update not working for my Nook HD

I tried the manual install method, file transferred fine to internal storage, but after it went to sleep it never installed the update (waited 15 minutes). 

I checked the internal storage folder, and the update file was gone.  It was there before the device went to sleep.

New User
nivs123
0 Kudos

Re: 2.1 Update not working for my Nook HD

Same problem here.

Fred_ wrote:

I tried the manual install method, file transferred fine to internal storage, but after it went to sleep it never installed the update (waited 15 minutes). 

I checked the internal storage folder, and the update file was gone.  It was there before the device went to sleep.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

Restart your device and computer and try it again.

New User
nivs123
0 Kudos

Yeah thanks - that didn't work...

nookhdplus_2_1_update goes in then about thirty seconds or so later, just disappears.

Any ideas other than the old switch it off and switch it on again, as that was a bit of a chocolate kettle, sir.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Hi nivs123,

When you connect your NOOK are you actually seeing its internal folders: "BN Downloads, etc" or just the mynook icon?

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Reader
CookieNY
0 Kudos

Having same problem. Tried it twice and it won't install. Update file disappears.

New User
lucidae
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem as well. All of the internal folders are visible and the file appears to copy over to the NOOK with no issues, but then it disappears completely within 30 seconds.
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Alex, I can't speak for nivs123, but can tell you what I am seeing.

Running Win 7.  Trying to update an HD+

From Win 7, can see this:

BNTV600

Internal Storage

At this point, see a bunch of folders.  (ADE, agilefusion, profiles, etc.)

Have "followed" the instructions a couple of ways.  1) Copying the file from my downloads to Internal Storage. You can see a copy of the nooknpk file at this point (until it dissappears) 2) Also moved the download to my Desktop.  Copied it to HD+ by dragging.  It copied to "root of storage."  When it finished, unplugged HD from computer. 

At two different points in time, received a message that had a new sd card installed (I didn't.)  At which point, the notification dissappearred. 

Have tried to update six or seven times now (turning off computer, turning off HD, turned off Power Save Mode.) 

Any ideas?

New User
nivs123
0 Kudos

Hi,

here's my scenario

From Win 8, can see this:

MyNOOK

Internal Storage

drag it to MyNOOK, goes into internal storage, then disappears.

or, drag it into internal storage, then disappears.

slight naming difference, but otherwise, same same.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

When I did the update, it disappeared as well. But...only while it was updating. When the update was finished, it reappeared and my HD+ rebooted and installed the update.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I followed these steps:

1. Connect HD+ to my computer and see MY NOOK listed
  2. Open INTERNAL STORAGE section where I see all other folders as mentioned above
  3. Move ***UPDATE.NPK to the internal storage section
  4. Let the transfer complete and see update file listed in internal storage
  5. Disconnect HD+ from computer
  6. Wait 30 minutes (HD+ sleeps)
  7. Wake it and check update; nada
  8.  Reconnect HD+ and check for update file ???

Now I realize I should have copied the update file to my HD+  The download to my computer is a long process!

flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

Are you getting a message that the file is copying? It's a 400 MB file, so it shouldn't be intantaneous.

Sounds like a MTP issue. Might have to uninstall the drivers and start fresh.

Contributor
charcoaldog
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem as Fred. My nook hd+ shows a device salt file. Is that the download?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Yes, file is copying.  423mb.  Takes 2 or 3 minutes.

You are probably right that it is an MPT issue.  I just don't know how to change it.  Computer is actually seeing device as a camera.  When I looked on HD+, its seeing it connected as MPT.

New User
nivs123
0 Kudos

happy for ya, but not my scenario, spoke to chat, they advised me to re-download with different browser (yeah I know...) tried it anyway, no joy.

flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

NookGardener wrote:

Yes, file is copying.  423mb.  Takes 2 or 3 minutes.

You are probably right that it is an MPT issue.  I just don't know how to change it.  Computer is actually seeing device as a camera.  When I looked on HD+, its seeing it connected as MPT.

Hm? Check something for me.

All Settings > Storage Management > USB Connectivity

Is your NOOK set up for MTP or PTP?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

HD Device is set up as MPT.  Tried switching it to PTP (after struck out on other method a few times.)  No go. Won't copy at all that way.  

flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Did you have a NC/NT that you had plugged into the computer? There's a wee lil' issue with Windows computers that have the drivers for the NC/NT installed thinking that an HD is one of the older models and failing to mount correctly.

I only mention it because my NT used to use PTP, which may be why your HD is trying to broadcast MTP and the computer is still calling it a camera.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Yes, have had NT connected to computer.  Any ideas on how to fix that "wee little issue."  Rebooting computer doesn't seem to work. (For copying files over, hasn't been an issue at all before.  This is the first time.)

flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

You would need to uninstall the drivers. In your start menu type in "Device Manager", then find the NOOK Tablet's drivers, right click them, and click uninstall. Reboot your computer and plug your HD in.