Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

6 months and still waiting

I have had my Nook HD+ for 6 months now and am still waiting for an update that will make shelving easier. Why can't B&N set up their shelving on Nook HD+ like they have on Nook Tablet?
Contributor
Emmet_Brown

Re: 6 months and still waiting

I think both shelving interfaces kind of suck myself. But they are far better than searching for things every time you want something.

Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

At least you can use the shelves on Nook Tablet. Its almost impossible to use them on HD+.
Bibliophile
bklvr896

Shelving or organization doesn't seem to be a priority for any of the retailers.  AFAIK, none of them have put much effort into organization features.

Contributor
Emmet_Brown
0 Kudos

Purple_Ice wrote:
At least you can use the shelves on Nook Tablet. Its almost impossible to use them on HD+.

In what way is it impossible? I'm using them pretty much the same as I used them on the tablet.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Perhaps the OP means that it's very hard to remove books from shelves since you have to go to the shelf to see what books are on it.

OP, there's no way to make it easier.

As someone else mentioned above, none of the retailers make organization or shelving easy. B&N Shelves are, rather sadly, one of the better organization methods.

Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

Yes there is a way to make it easier. Just give us the ability to touch/hold the book. Then touch hold remove book from self. Then when the window that pops up has lists all the shelves the book is on then touch the shelf you want the book removed from. No hunting for all the shelves the book is on.
Bibliophile
bklvr896

Purple_Ice wrote:
Yes there is a way to make it easier. Just give us the ability to touch/hold the book. Then touch hold remove book from self. Then when the window that pops up has lists all the shelves the book is on then touch the shelf you want the book removed from. No hunting for all the shelves the book is on.

Ya know, you're preaching to the choir here.  We've all been asking for shelving, organization, better organization since the first Nook was release back in 2009 or so.  The various attempts by BN and the other retailers have been pitiful.  It's apparently not important to them .  Maybe it's not important to the average user either, who knows.  I know it's important to a lot of folks who post here, but face it, people who post on the message boards aren't representative of the universe of owners and probably account for less than 3% of owners.

Send your complaints, suggestions, etc, directly to BN.  If they haven't heard us by now, it's unlikely they're going to listen at this point to what's on the message boards.  Send a snail mail letter, that's likely to get more attention.  

Distinguished Correspondent
junonia-shell

If it's any consolation, at least the books and shelves don't just disappear every time you restart the HD, HD+ when they first came out. Now that was truly a nightmare.....:smileysurprised:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

By this: OP, there's no way to make it easier.

I meant: Currently, there's no way to make it easier. For software as it exists today.

Not:  What could be done in update.