Contributor
Saberspeed
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

A month after I told them, they still have wrong summary for a film about 9/11 - United 93

Before you ask, I'm not wrong, the movie's title, cover image and release year is the exact same as the film I'm talking about - I'm looking at it right now only my HD+ in the Nook Video section. 

The movie is about the passengers on the united 93 flight who fought back and the terrorists crashed their plane in Pennsylvania, I sent them an email telling them they might get some PR problems if some news groups heard about this and took offense AND I told someone at a store (told the guy to pass it up chain of command) but nope no change so maybe if I tell everyone on here that the summary for that film is confused with that of a British soccer teams plane crash in the 1950s they might think about editing that a little faster. I mean really, of all the movie summaries to get wrong, the one about 9/11 is the one you don't double check? It's just bad business!

I was a bigger B&N fan before I bought my HD+, honestly these days I barely use it over my 7 year old desktop PC which is still awesome and when I do it's just to surf the web or watch netflix since the HULU PLUS they preinstalled (and that I now use) has a glitch where ads keep showing again and again. I mean I specifically try to use these guys when I'm spending my money on books but I just don't know if it's worth it anymore...I was better off just reading books in their stores and never buying anything. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: A month after I told them, they still have wrong summary for a film about 9/11 - United 93

Hopefully Alex or NookCeption or someone can get it to the right team.

That does seem like a major snafu.

Inspired Contributor
RoseBaby
0 Kudos

Re: A month after I told them, they still have wrong summary for a film about 9/11 - United 93

If movies work like books the description is managed by the publisher and not B&N.  

Contributor
book_bee

@Saberspeed, 

First, the HULU glitch is not the fault of B&N, but is HULU's issue. If you want to see any improvement on that front, you should contact the HULU developers, as B&N has nothing to do with the apps.

Second, while I'm sorry your request hasn't been answered, keep in mind how many errors, problems, and the like the company deals with on a daily basis; they will fix the problem as soon as is reasonably possible.

I hope you will continue to support B&N as it is one of the last brick-and-mortar bookstores left in America, and supporting them supports American jobs and publishing. Reading without buying only contributes to the ever-possible demise of that store and those workers who depend on that job for food and living. And I'm sure you'd like the store to continue to be around for you to enjoy.

I've never had any problems with B&N, ever. The local store I frequent practically live at always has the most helpful, kind, and knowledgeable staff.

Mistakes happen and can and will be fixed. It's just not worth punishing everyone over.

I hope it works out.

Using NookHD running CyanogenMod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2
Frequent Contributor
Claimdude
0 Kudos

Book_bee,

Couldn't agree more! I too have never had any problems with B&N neither at the stores nor online. I travel a great deal so I have been to B&N all over the country.

New User
nookHDuser
0 Kudos

I too am having problems with HULU with exactly the same problem. This is six months after you reported your problem, yet B&N is still selling the nook HD with the same broken app on it, and they pointed out to me in the store how great it was that the HULU app was there, and that became a factor in my selecting the nook HD.

I did contact HULU, They still don;t have a solution, but now I realize they must have also been giving me the run-around because they acted like this problem was news to them.

At this stage, I am very disappointed in B&N. If they know the app is broken and that HULU has not been able to come up with a fix, they should reveal that to prospective customers and not use the broken HULU  app as a selling point to entice a sale.

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele

Again this has nothing to do with BN, This is not their apps it is HULU so they are responsible for any errors their app has not BN.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Contributor
Saberspeed
0 Kudos

It is their problem, if they respect the people buying their nooks for hundreds of dollars then they should make sure one of the few apps PREINSTALLED on their product works properly. Just like Apple fans, B&N fans who are over protective of the company are the ones hurting it, if you dont expect better from them then what incentive do they get for trying harder? How many more people are going to buy a rival tablet because fans wont demand Barnes to fix that issue themselves or have them force Hulu to fix it.

And the argument for it having nothing to do with Barnes is so weak, maybe next time someone finds a chicken leg in their grilled chicken sandwich we shouldnt blame the restaurant ijnstead of blaming the place giving you the food you just say I only blame their supplier. 

P,S no one can leave reviews for any movies or tv shows on Nook Video still. Not one review for any movie in the entire nook video library of movies, I told them that weeks ago too, should I tell Hulu about that too?

Contributor
book_bee

Whether you think the fact that HULU is solely responsible for their app is a weak reasoning for its non-working status, is your issue. Developers are the ones who create and manage their content in the BN app store; they have their own accounts and such for this. BN does not have any control over what happens with each app. It is the same with the Android Market; the developers that make apps for Android phones are responsible for the working condition of their games and apps, not Google, whether they are preinstalled or not. People making a device put those apps on the device and lock it down. They still didn't make the app. If CNN comes preinstalled on my phone and doesn't work at some point, I write to CNN, because it's CNN's program, not Samsung's. Thus, Google simply provides the venue for the sale and distribution of that content. So if Angry Birds begins glitching, you complain to Rovio, not Google Inc. It's the same with BN, they are simply a venue for distribution.

Technical issues happen and if you want HULU to make their app work on Nook, talk to HULU and press them to fix the issue with this certain tablet. It also takes time to develop fixes to bugs and glitches.

Otherwise, if you are having a Nook Software issue, then you can complain to BN.

Using NookHD running CyanogenMod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Everything Book_Bee said.

You wrote:

It is their problem, if they respect the people buying their nooks for hundreds of dollars then they should make sure one of the few apps PREINSTALLED on their product works properly.

Yes, it's their problem. But it's not in their control to fix it.

I'll give you an example. We make Apps for Nook.

If tomorrow we decide to break support for one of the apps on HD and HD+ and not fix it. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING anyone except us could do to fix it.

B&N doesn't have access to the code.

Hulu is going through lots of internal friction right now. They hired someone named Kilar to create this website as a sort of hedge to other video services and now they are worried because Hulu is doing too well.

So they have 1,000 internal headaches.

Basically their entire future is up in the air and making an app comptaible with Nook HD and HD+ is not going to take priority right now no matter what B&N or you do.

Just give it some time.