carbar
0 Kudos

ADE Issues

My ADE is still not recognizing my new HD+.  I have:

1) reset Nook to factory settings

2) taken ADE off my computer reinstalled it

3) deleted ADE file off Nook HD+

4) made sure to plug HD+ in before opening ADE on computer

Any other suggestions?  Every post I find ends after these solutions.

Thanks,

Carrie 

New User
SwillinSweeney
0 Kudos

Re: ADE Issues

[ Edited ]

Hey,

Maybe it depends on the computer? On mine (Mac, OS X 10.6.8), I have to plug in the Nook after launching ADE 2.0. I'm also not sure if it's required but might want to verify (1) your computer sees it and (2), when plugged in, the Nook's already set to MTP (Media device) (one way to check: select the time > "All Settings" below > "Storage Management" on the left > "USB Connectivity" top of second column > first option). I just checked with the camera mode and the software's not seeing it.  If your computer doesn't see it, at all or properly, might want to try another computer or visit a Barnes & Noble to see if they have better luck. It's also always possible the cable's bad.

Good luck.

Frequent Contributor
rmo56
0 Kudos

Is there a reason you aren't using Overdrive? So much easier...

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

[ Edited ]

are you talking about the ADE on your PC not recognizing your HD+ or the ADE already on your device not recognizing it. The ADE software on your PC will not recognize your HD+ as Adobe has stopped supporting it. However, there is ADE on your device in the settings that you can enable ADE with so you bypass the PC software. As long as you have an ADE account and have signed in correctly, it should work.

If the on device ADE is not working, then you may have used up your activations. You need to call ADE and ask for more.

Overdrive is okay if you don't mind reading on it. It's not as nice as the stock reader. I prefer to not use it except for public library books as it handles them better. Now that we have the google app store, aldiko is a nice alternative to OD as you can set up your public library as a store in aldiko and the reader is better.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What Compulsive Reader wrote.

HD and HD+ are not recognized by ADE.

You have to go to Nook HD/HD+ Settings and enter your ADE account information.

Then download books to ADE. Then transfer them via USB from PC to Nook HD/HD+.

You can open them fine.

Note: You must register FIRST on Nook HD/HD+. BEFORE you transfer files over.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

What Compulsive Reader wrote.

HD and HD+ are not recognized by ADE.

You have to go to Nook HD/HD+ Settings and enter your ADE account information.

Then download books to ADE. Then transfer them via USB from PC to Nook HD/HD+.

You can open them fine.

Note: You must register FIRST on Nook HD/HD+. BEFORE you transfer files over.

Has that changed 5ivedom? I could never get ADE on my PC to recognize my HD+ even with ADE activiated on my account. I even went through Adobe support and they told me it would not recognize the HD devices because they weren't supported. End of story and then hung up on me. I've always just used the ADE on board the device though it does have trouble dealing with library books. Then I use OD.

Reader 4
spray76
0 Kudos

I followed the instructions on another post and deleted the ADE from my NOOK and now I don't know how to get it back except to reset my Nook and I realllly don't want to do that.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

spray76 wrote:

I followed the instructions on another post and deleted the ADE from my NOOK and now I don't know how to get it back except to reset my Nook and I realllly don't want to do that.

Just go back into the settings and put your id and password in again. If it doesn't work, you may have used all of your activations and will have to call adobe and have them give you more. They did it on the spot for me.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Compulsive Reader, no, that hasn't changed.

I just meant to register ADE on the Nook first. Then plug Nook into PC and move books from PC to Nook.

ADE doesn't recongize HD and HD+ at all.