Contributor
mamahound
0 Kudos

Adapter/wall charger

I need to know where I can get a replacement wall charger for my nook hd+. I left it plugged in my dog decided to chew it to bits, Basicly all I have left are the two ends and the cord is in bits. I don't have enough cord on the 30 pin end to splice back together. Any suggestions? Thanks.   :smileysad:

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: Adapter/wall charger

Ouch.  

Do you have a local BN?  They may stock them, but otherwise online from bn is probably your only option.

I will recommend painting the replacement cable and wall adapter with bitter apple, though.  

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Contributor
sflawguy1
0 Kudos

I've seen them for sale at Target.  You can check their website first to make sure they have them.

Contributor
mamahound
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers. I looked online and couldn't find any replacement chargers. I bought my nook at Targets. I live about 45 minutes from there. I don't have a BN close. The cloest is 65 miles away in Memphis. I will look online at Targets and call them. I agree on the bitter apple though I have found it doesn't work as well on a persistant chewer once it dries. Anyway, I normally keep it put in a drawer in my desk. I just got lazy and left if plugged in and dangling. That will not happen again. My fault completely. Thanks again!

Contributor
mamahound

I found them at the Targets online but they will not ship. It did, however, give me the correct listing for it and I typed it in and can get it from Tiger Direct for the same price and they ship. So thanks to all for putting me on the right trail.  :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
mamahound

Update on wall charger replacement. I found a Nook car charger kit for the HD+ at my local Walmart. It includes the data cable and the car charger adapter. Since I have the wall charger plug-in all I needed was the cable so this worked out well. I now have a wall charger and a car charger for my nook.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Mamahound, how much was it for? And what do you think of the build quality?

Distinguished Scribe
gb18
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Target and WalMart carry the Nook/B&N label, including the Nooks. Same (or about) price.
Freedom is not free.
Bibliophile
5ivedom

OK, thanks gb18.