New User
IcecreamLtDan
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Am I the only one who can't install the nook app on the nook hd+

Short story long, I decided to get in on the HD+ QVC deal recently.  Part of this deal was to receive some free apps, books, magazines, etc. so I jumped on it.  Now, I've had a Nook account for quite a while, bought several ebooks and so forth, even though I had not owned a nook.  Using calibre I loaded these books on my Kobo.  My wife has a ASUS transformer tablet so I had a few apps I got from nook loaded onto there, including the Nook app. 

When I first got the nook I powered it up and it had the older non google play software on it, so I created my new account, downloaded the free nook app.  After doing all that I then updated the software to the most recent version.  Upon doing so I visited the Google play store and notice that the Nook-read books and magazines app is not compatible with my Nook HD+.  Well, that seems a little odd to me.  I've done some searching around on here and the net in general and while I've seen some other people talking about similar issues, I see no resolution so far. 

So, am I the only one who owns a Nook HD+ that get the "This item is not compatible with your device" message when I attempt to get the Nook - Read books & magazines app from either google play or B+N's site?  Kinda frustrating as I'd like to be able to load the books and apps I've gotten from the Nook store to my Nook tablet.  Thanks for any info you guys might be able to share with me.

Frequent Contributor
whiteoakBR

Re: Am I the only one who can't install the nook app on the nook hd+

You don't need the Nook App to read Nook books and magazines on your HD+.  Unless I am totally misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

All you should have to do is register your HD+ with the same account you purchased the Nook books and apps with and they should automatically show up in your library on the HD+.  You will have to download all of them to the HD+ but that is a matter of touching each icon and triggering the download.

Good luck. Beth

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa

You don't need a nook app because it IS a nook.  You said you created a new account, you should have just registered the nook to the same account if you want acces to the same books.  I realize this is the same info as the previous poster, just re-explaining in agreement.

New User
IcecreamLtDan
0 Kudos

Ahh, that's what it is, thanks, I had assumed the library was just for stuff already on the tablet, not stuff in the store not downloaded yet.  Thanks for the help!

Reader 2
matte
0 Kudos

I would like to install the App on the Nook HD+.

Although I'm happy to be dissuaded.

The highlighting feature is so cumbersome on the Nook HD+, and in the App it's so much more pleasant.

Is it possible to do so, or is there a way to get a more user-friendly highlighting method?