Frequent Contributor
HowlMC
0 Kudos

Any news on the next update for the nook HD+

I was just curious if anyone had any insight on when the next update would be available for the Nook HD+?

Thank you

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Re: Any news on the next update for the nook HD+

I think the only ones with an insight such as this may be prohibited from releasing the info ahead of schedule. As for speculation, with all the advertising I've seen for the HD+ (and all the competition), I firmly believe we'll have our next update within the next week, week and a half. I mean, really, why can't I watch my UV movie from my library! That should've been fixed immediately. I know I could have bought another, more fully functional tablet and I know this isn't a primary use for this device. I've also heard there's going to be something in the update to increase sound quality or volume. Of course, I don't have an inside track so if I'm wrong, remember I'm just speculating.
Frequent Contributor
HowlMC

Well since update 2.0.4 things have drastically improved. Even my sound got louder after that update. But what I really hope is a fix for the shelves. I'm just waiting for when my shelves disappear again. It really bums me out because other than that I love this tablet. The screen is beautiful, it seems to connect to my wifi fast. The only lag is when I open up my shelves and that they perodically disappear.

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos

I really hope whenever it does come out, the shelf problem is fixed. Also it would be nice if the apps B&N is currently selling specifically for the HD, would actually work and not come up with an error message. I know a lot of people are also waiting on the ultraviolet option. They made a beautiful device but it is seriously lacking and glitchy. I'm really looking forward to the next update and hope to see some serious improvement. I've never regretted upgrading to the newest Nook generation before, until now. I miss my nook color. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

HowlMC

on one of the other threads last week someone mentioned that the next update was already being worked on.

So I suspect it should be out by end of year.

They were very quick to release the 2.0.1 through 2.0.4 updates. So the next one should be soon.

Reader 4
JAB68

No insight on when, I have been checking daily and hope its soon. Like others, frustrated with the UV not working. Still glad I got the HD+ though and hopefully they will address some of the issues on next update. I realized the dolphin browser seems to work much better than native browser that came with it.
Reader
sdouglas949
0 Kudos

Apparently the UV thing isn't "broken" so I wouldn't expect a fix.  It's meant to work with the titles that can be purchased through the bn shop on your nook.  In order to view other UV titles, you can use the Flixter app.

Contributor
raesv1
0 Kudos

I have two movies that are available through the bn shop, they do the same thing as the other ones, still unwatchable except with flixster.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

sdouglas949 wrote:

Apparently the UV thing isn't "broken" so I wouldn't expect a fix.  It's meant to work with the titles that can be purchased through the bn shop on your nook.  In order to view other UV titles, you can use the Flixter app.

I don't think that is correct.  If you look at the "Enjoy Your Ultraviolet Collection" section in the Nook HD Overview at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-movies-tv-shows/379003703 you see the following:

"Now when you buy a DVD or Blu-ray that comes with UltraViolet at Barnes & Noble or other retailers, you can redeem a digital version of the movie to instantly stream or download! Enter the UltraViolet code included with your DVD or Blu-ray to access the film to start watching instantly on your NOOK - or on another device with our NOOK Video App."

That text states that you can watch any Ultraviolet movie on your HD / HD+.  The importent text is "or other retailers".

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

The original press briefings stated that a video app was in the works with  the goal of early January release. I would hope that some fixes might land at the same time.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

PatGolfNeb, that seems possible.

That the Nook Video Apps come hand in hand with improvements for the UV functionality and the Nook Videos section.

I certainly hope so. Nook Videos has so much promise. They really need to iron out everything though.

Contributor
raesv1
0 Kudos

2.0.5 just released but don't get too excited, most of my movies now say unsupported so didnt help that part.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes

Thinks I noticed:

1) Most, but not all of my UV movies are doubled in the list.

2) For each doubled movie one seems to work and the other doesn't.