Contributor
FLJhawk
0 Kudos

Anyone Using Blio?

Our public library has recently switched from using Overdrive to Blio.  I have just been downloading the books to my PC, and then moving them over, as I did with Overdrive.  I was wondering if anyone was using the Blio app, and how that was working out.  Is there an advanatage to using the Blio app?

Contributor
Kimber_H
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone Using Blio?

I have a nook color and have the same question.

Contributor
FLJhawk
0 Kudos

Kimber,

I posted this several months ago, and decided to just go ahead and download the Blio app last October.  I am very glad I did.  No more moving files, and it has been working quite well for me.  The one thing Blio has not addressed, is the ability to synch between devices.  So, if you are reading on your Nook, and then use your phone or I pad, they will not synch to furthest page read. But, other than that, it has been working fine with the library books I've checked out.  I have a Nook HD, so can't speak to how Blio works with the Nook Color.

Contributor
Kimber_H
0 Kudos

I have a nook color and the can't get the app to download on it. That is the only reader I own. 

Thanks
Kimberly

Contributor
FLJhawk
0 Kudos

Kimberly, unfortunately, I don't think the Blio app is supported for Nook Color.  The exception would be if you have rooted your device..  

Contributor
Kimber_H
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'm looking at getting another type of ereader. Something that has more options and won't become out of date so fast like my nook color. I love to read and need large print double spaced and love my nook but the nook color can't even open ebooks for my local library so I'm looking at something more genertic and cheap to save money. Problem something pc based.  I can't keep buying stuff that goes out of date so fast.   :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your input
Kimberly