Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Anyone else having trouble with gmail?

I was trying to help my sister set up her gmail account on her Nook HD. We keep getting the following error message "You don't have permission to sync with this server contact your servers administration for more information". I tried to set up my gmail account (I never use it) on my Nook HD + and got the same error message. What's up? I set up a Yahoo email account just to test it and no problem. This is something to do with Nook and Gmail?
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else having trouble with gmail?

Just do a search. I've seen other people run into problems like this. What seemed to work for them was to register their Google Account from Settings (I think there is an option to sync either Contacts or Calendar) and then set up the email.

Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik
0 Kudos

Thanks, I think I found the problem. It has to do with setting up the gmail account using IMAP instead of a POP3 account. I tried it on my gmail account and it worked.
Contributor
TheWind

julestrik wrote:
Thanks, I think I found the problem. It has to do with setting up the gmail account using IMAP instead of a POP3 account. I tried it on my gmail account and it worked.

Right.

Here (full instructions):

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-News/Gmail-Account-Creation/ba-p/1437443

Wicked witch of the West, don't $%#@ with me.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Julestrik, good to know it worked for you.

Contributor
MINPINROSIE
0 Kudos

After 2 calls toSupport that failed I searched again and found this! They told me I needed to cleanup my inbox. Your thread revealed I needed IMAP setuip but both support calls said POP setup. That was very disappointing to say the least.!