Contributor
Utenahime
0 Kudos

Anyone know the return policy for Nooks bought as Xmas presents?

I recieved a HD for Christmas and I am seriously doubting it's ability to do what I need it to do. I asked for one primarly to read comics, but if you try to go past the sixth issue in a graphic novel or collected edition, the thing freezes and closes out of the book. And now I'm coming across random black pages and when I swipe past them, the surrounding pages are now all out of order. I love it when it's working, but if the HD can't handle grpahic novels & comics, it's basically useless to me.

Also, has anyone else noticed how hot it gets on the right side?

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory

Re: Anyone know the return policy for Nooks bought as Xmas presents?

[ Edited ]
I've never come across either of those problems with my HD and I've owned it since November 1st. It sounds like you got a bad apple :smileysad: I would check into exchanging it before you give up on the Nook HD completely.
Inspired Correspondent
emtgirlCV

The Nook is amazing ! I have friends that read their graphic novels  and magazines  on the Nook and they are absolutely beautiful. I would think twice about returning it and maybe just exchange it and see what happens. I had to exchange mine ( for different reasons ) and it works beautifully now! If it was an holiday gift, you have until the end of January to return it. Maybe you can use this time to exchange it then see how it goes. I think you will love it!

Reader
wmwadeii

[ Edited ]
That's all I use mine for. I use a program called ComicRack to export mine to a smaller 1500px resolution because the Nook HD+ only uses 1280 when in comic viewer. It takes almost 100 issues before I have to reboot, and that's more of a choice thing so I can have a clean boot every so often. I read in another forum about the blank pages, again I believe it is based on resolution. I know a lot of Comics are starting to come in resolutions up to 2880px, making a 25 pg comic over 35 mb, so a 100 pg TPB would be over 140 mb. Mine after resizing are less than 9 mb for a 25 pg issue.