New User
MissQHDR1
0 Kudos

Apps from "Unknown Sources"

So I was super excited about the updates for the Nook HD+. I use Droidtv on my phone and wanted to get it on the tablet too. It was removed from Google Play but it is still available in the Amazon appstore. So I downloaded the Amazon app which worked fine but then when I went in to download Droidtv it told me that the Nook was set to not accept downloads from "unknown sources". I was really disappointed by this considering I didn't see any options under settings to allow downloads from unknown sources. Is there anyway around this? Is there an app that is comparable to Droidtv. I don't need an internet connection to watch the shows I select because it is saved to my card until I delete it.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: Apps from "Unknown Sources"

If you take a look over on XDA there are zip files to enable installs from unknown sources which can be installed using Clockwork.  

On the stock ROM unknown sources cannot be enabled from within the operating system.  

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

FYI what DroidTV is doing is illegal. That's perhaps why it was removed from GooglePlay store.

You are, in effect, paying them a subscription while they are stealing content from TV show makers and channeling it to you.

New User
MikeMayfield
0 Kudos

Actually, DroidTV is totally legal, since it works like a DVR to record from publicly available sources on the Internet. The latest version of DroidTV was removed from the Google Play Store because of a problem in the in-app billing. It should be restored soon, but is available from Amazon and several other stores in the meantime.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

OK. Thanks for the clarification. Why does it show Paid TV Channels on its site?