Contributor
BebeFleur13
0 Kudos

Apps

So with the new 2.1 Update (I just got mine a few hours ago), is there now a way where we can make sure apps are closed?

Thanks!

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Apps

What do you mean 'closed'?

Go to Play Store and find an App Manager App. That'll let you see what's running and what's not and close apps that are running when you don't want them running.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs

You would need to download the app called "app killer"  it will show what is running that you can kill.  It's .99 at B & N.  Not sure if it's at google play or not.  Best little program I have purchased.  I had games that you played once and after exiting them, they were still running.  A few that after being killed, they showed right back up again.  I uninstalled them totally.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

I agree. The last thing I do is open my app killer and close all apps that are still running. Unfortunatley not many apps have a exit tab. Shame on those developers.

Contributor
BebeFleur13
0 Kudos

Got Advanced Task Killer for free through the Play Store. It stays at the top in notification bar for easy open :smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

DoreenPV, agreed, it's a shame when developers don't let users just close apps.

A lot of the times the apps arent' even doing anything useful. Just downloading ads and uploading data etc. They should definitely make it so apps can't run in the background without specific permission.