Contributor
Mary_Jo
0 Kudos

Archieved book, problem redown loading

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  I downloaded an archieved book to reread ahead of the next release in the series.  My nook hd flashed, screen went blank, came back on n book was there.  However,  my nook now said "Julies nook".  had to turn off n on several times before it was mine withmy stuff.  This hd nook was purchased new??

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Re: Archieved book, problem redown loading

And what owner's name did you use in the registration? (Settings/System, I believe)

The "xxxx's Nook" is generated from the first name in the owner field.

Baron Wulfraed
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Never heard of anyone having this issue.

Do you have just one account on your Nook, or multiple? Where did you buy the Nook from - If it's ebay or craiglist then it's possible it's not new at all.

Frequent Contributor
sandisadie
0 Kudos

I believe that "Julie's Nook" is what everyone's Nook says before you make it your own.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Aha.

Julie, our good old Julie with 2.5 kids (or was it 1.5 kids).

I guess that means it got confused and went back to default profile for some reason. You said you got it back to your own. Could you please post steps. It'll help other people if they run into the same issue and might also help us figure out why this would happen.

Contributor
Mary_Jo
0 Kudos

my hd nook was purchased at a barnes n noble store.  I have one account.  My name was listed as "Mary Jo".  No idea who Julie is but her library n home screen were different than mine?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Julie's just the default user account.

Not sure why it's showing up. Just an error.

It probably means that there's a small error. Not that someone else has an account left over. Just that the default account craeted for 'Julie, the 'target' customer for Nook, is somehow showing up on your Nook.