Contributor
ejohnson53
0 Kudos

B&N Chat will disconnect you if you ask to go back to old browser

I've tried twice to use the Chat feature for help with the Nook HD+ update to 2.1. As soon as I ask to go back to the old browser, B&N disconnects the chat and will not respond. Lookks like they don't want to help customers tha don't like the upgrade and want the old features restored.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: B&N Chat will disconnect you if you ask to go back to old browser

That's too bad. Have you figured out how to get the old browser back permanently and as the default?

Contributor
ejohnson53
0 Kudos

No, not yet. Some folks here recommended getting the Dolphin Browser and the Dolphin Reader add on. I tries that. It is closer to the old browser than Firefox or Chrome. The Dophin Reader parses website to give an Article View type of effect, but it is not as robust. It fails a lot. I'm heading to a brick and mortar store to see if I can get help.

New User
roblinproductions
0 Kudos

I am in the UK but spoke with US support who said I should use voice support.

My reason for wanting to go back was the recent flash plugin support in the old browser which worked well. Seems a shame that a short time after a much requested feature was made available it's lost.

I tried a number of other browsers but always came back to the native browser as I want to do now!

Will see what UK support can add.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

roblinproductions wrote:

I am in the UK but spoke with US support who said I should use voice support.

My reason for wanting to go back was the recent flash plugin support in the old browser which worked well. Seems a shame that a short time after a much requested feature was made available it's lost.

I tried a number of other browsers but always came back to the native browser as I want to do now!

Will see what UK support can add.

Support can't help you do this, as you can't go back.  Support can't help you do anything that B&N doesn't offer as a service.  So, you can keep calling them in an effort to escalate the issue to B&N management, but all it will do is frustrate you and the support team as B&N management doesn't really communicate with them.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Get Puffin Browser. It has Flash support.

New User
roblinproductions
0 Kudos

Puffin browser was the first alternative browser I tried but it felt clunky in comparison.

Sliding banners stuttered across instead of flowing, Chrome is the same.

Currently exploring Firefox which is smooth.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat

Have you triedthe Dolphin browser? I have used it since the days of the NC and have been happy. There are several add-ons in the play store that expand its usefulness.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I find Chrome clunky too. When I scroll down a page the text flutters.

My understanding was that Puffin is the only one that has the most uptodate version of flash. Might be wrong.