Contributor
Lori6
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

B&N apps not working with update

I updated my nook so  that I could have Googleplay. (Thank you by the way) but now I noticed some of my apps like Weather Bug Elite are not working. Is this a bug or what can I do to fix this?

Inspired Contributor
Swedereades
0 Kudos

Re: B&N apps not working with update

I have no idea, but the first thing I would try would be to archive and then unarchive it again. It's possible that such a big update as this one messed up app data or something like that.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This happened to me with all of the Angry Birds apps.  After moving to cloud and redownloading, they worked again although the saved data was lost.  So I would also sugest trying that with any apps giving you trouble.

Contributor
Lori6
0 Kudos

I have tried all those things suggested, but it stillisn't working. It downloads, but when I goto open  it I get the following message:

Unfortunately, Weatherbug Elite has stopped.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
<deleted>
Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

I too am receiving the same message for my Weatherbug Elite. I sent to cloud - reinstalled no change. I also did a full archive and reinstall - no change. 

I sent an email to the developer and haven't heard back.  Unfortunately the Google Play version of WeatheBug elite that I have also purchased is Not Compatible with this device... (ie Nook HD+) so I can't use that copy either.

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

I'm glad I seen this thread, I was just going to post the same thing.  None of my games work anymore!  WTH???  Why do these updates have to mess everything up???

Angry Birds, Hardwood Solitaire IV (my fav), all my apps but the mahong games do not work.  I doubt the developers have anything to do with this, this is all B&N.  They better send a fix soon.

This is totally ridiculous.  First when I got my new HD+ and transferred all my apps to it, half of them didn't work so I had to buy new ones.  Now I buy news ones and they don't work.

I'm about done spending my money on B&N.

Are you listening B&N?  

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Hi Debh366,

Sorry you're having trouble with these apps.

Have you tried the "move to cloud" and restore options listed above?

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried that. It didn't work. I'll try it once more when I get home. Any other things I should try?

Thanks!
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Contributor
Lori6
0 Kudos

I have tried and it still isn't working.

New User
jtww
0 Kudos

Isn't B&N smart. They destroy all your data for you and won't even apologize for it.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

jtww wrote:

Isn't B&N smart. They destroy all your data for you and won't even apologize for it.

Given that every single post you've made in the forums says this same thing, are we to assume you just want to complain and don't actually want any help?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why certain apps don't work once Google Play is installed. The only thing I can think of is that the App Manager (which launches apps and handles running of apps etc.) is confused.

Why?

Because it has Apps coming in from Google Play Store

AND it has Apps coming in from Nook Store.

Most Apps should work, and they do.

Some Apps might have some special conditions in their Manifest (that's a file that tells the App Manager what devices and scenarios an app can run in).

So somehow, the presence of either Google Play or Google Play Apps is causing a conflict in the Manifest.

For some apps this will be fixed by Archive/Move to Cloud and Unarchive/Download.

For some it won't.

For the latter, the following things are worth trying

1) Is there a free version of same app in Google Play Store? If so, get that.

2) Does restarting your Nook fix the issue? Please Note: Restart the Nook AFTER archiving and BEFORE unarchiving.

3) Can you contact the developer and let the developer know about the issue. On the product page of each app in the Nook App Store is developer contact information. Try www.nook.com and find the app there.

Also, this is probably not a B&N issue. Because if it were then none of the apps would work. Since MOST Apps are working and only some aren't, it suggests that developers for those apps put some special conditions in their manifest which now are not being met.

Out of those apps, a simple archive-unarchive fixes issue for some. For others, something else might be needed.

Correspondent
cybersmoke53

The Weather bug Developers have opened a ticket for the force closing of Nook weather bug elite.  Hopefully they can get the issue resolved soon. 

Reader 2
amberjane622
0 Kudos

I am so frustrated.  B&N suggested a "soft reset."  Either I didn't do it right (the 10 times I tried it) or it just didn't work.  Frankly, I am pissed!  I use my Nook for everything and now it just isn't working right.  I miss my screen dimmer app.  I can't get Pandora to work.  I have archived and unarchived my apps, there seems to be some problem with google and installing apps.  I hope they make an update to fix this problem ASAP!  I might take my Nook into B&N and have them look at it.