New User
clxr66
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

BN throws away all your book marks when they update Nook HD+ browser to Chrome

My HD+ just got a forced update which replaced the old browser with the Chrome browser.   When the update was completed all of my book marks were thrown away.     BN customer service says they made no attempt to save the book marks and there is no way to recover them.      The update occurred withOUT any prior notification and there was no option to refuse the upgrade.   So much for their pledge that everything is saved to the cloud. Absolutely pathetic.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

Re: BN throws away all your book marks when they update Nook HD+ browser to Chrome

No they didnt. The browser bookmarks arent lost.  You need to import them into the browser you are going to use. On chrome, look for the 3 dots, tap them, look for import. On Dolphin, go to more, settings, privacy, then import.

New User
clxr66
0 Kudos

Re: BN throws away all your book marks when they update Nook HD+ browser to Chrome

I hope you are correct but BN phone support and online Chat BOTH said there was no way to recover the bookmarks because BN did not back them up.
New User
clxr66
0 Kudos

Your solution worked like a charm.  Wish BN customer care would have told me this trick.   Thank you!   By the way, is the old browser still available on my HD+ or is that completely gone.    BN said it was completely gone but they also said the book marks were hopelessly lost.   So maybe the old browser is still present somewhere on the HD+.   Is this possible?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Forum members know more than B&N support:smileywink:

Theres a thread called "Chrome Sucks" farther down the page (may have slipped to next page by now.) Also look for 2 or 3 with Dolphin in title.  The merits/uses of each are discussed.  Also the Puffin browser is discussed.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

ok, thread with instructions is currently at bottom of page 2 for chrome. 

Its the 3 boxes/bars in right corner. Tap that, go to settings, tap again for import.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

Unfortunately, no way to to bring back stock browser. If its article view you are missing, you can learn to zoom and double tap on Dolphin (works on Most websites, but not all.) Or they have a add on which isnt bad. 

You might want to work your way over to the Issues Reporting forum and vote up the bring back the stock browser complaint. 

Glad it worked for you.

Reader 2
eclectic-cat
0 Kudos

When I click settings, there is no IMPORT to tap.
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

You didnt follow instructions. Tap 3 boxes, gets you to settings. Tap 3 boxes AGAIN. Import bookmarks is there. You might get a fail message, but it does import them. Try it again.