Contributor
karenKS
0 Kudos

Beware of promotions

Purchased Nook HD+ on March 6th and still have not rec'd a $50 credit that was promised.  VERY disappointed - love  the Nook but will return if not resolved by the end of next week.  Have called several times, emailed three times, and even chatted with someone on Friday night....still no resolution!

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855
0 Kudos

Re: Beware of promotions

Go into a store and have them escalate the problem.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

I've taken advantage of several of the promotions. There is usually a fine print somewhere in the promotion that tells you when to expect the promotion pay off. Usually it is after the 14 day return period or longer. Some seasonal promotions in Nov weren't due to pay out until after Christmas. And they did the day after. I've always gotten my promotion, but it's never come early, It usually comes the day stated in the promotion, at latest 2-3 days after. I would go back and read the promotions fine print to see when the pay out date was supposed to be. If it's more than a couple days past the date given, I'd definitely be hounding BN about it. Then again, it might simply not be due to be released yet. Patience is required in that case.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Contributor
TheWind
0 Kudos

Re: Beware of (I misread) promotions

[ Edited ]

karenKS wrote:

Purchased Nook HD+ on March 6th and still have not rec'd a $50 credit that was promised.  VERY disappointed - love  the Nook but will return if not resolved by the end of next week.  Have called several times, emailed three times, and even chatted with someone on Friday night....still no resolution!

Umm, (terms and conditions) :smileysurprised:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/help_cds2.asp?PID=46534

Purchase between 3:00 a.m. Eastern time March 12, 2013 and 2:59 a.m. Eastern time March 24

March 6 dont cut the cheese dahling.

Why am I even bothering to respond?

Wicked witch of the West, don't $%#@ with me.
Contributor
karenKS
0 Kudos

Re: Beware of (I misread) promotions

SORRY I disagree the terms and conditions I have were for the month of march and ALL of the people I have contacted at B& N agree that this is their error they just can't fix it for some reason!  The part that annoys me is that each person has told me it would be fixed by the end of the week.  I'm not sure which week they are referring to at this point.

Contributor
karenKS
0 Kudos

Thanks for you post.  It was explained to me that the post would take 3-10 days to me placed in my account.  I was patient and waited until the 20th which was 10 business days after purchase and still was told it would be fixed by the end of the week.  Didn't happen.  Another contact with customer service said the end of the week (29th), didn't happen.  Chat on the 29th told me 24-48 hours...4 hours left until that deadline.  They admit it's a problem on their end but it's still very frustrating to me!

Contributor
karenKS
0 Kudos

Thanks - that's my game plan for the end of this week if I don't have a resolution.  Enjoy your day!

Contributor
TheWind
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

karenKS wrote:

Thanks for you post.  It was explained to me that the post would take 3-10 days to me placed in my account.  I was patient and waited until the 20th which was 10 business days after purchase and still was told it would be fixed by the end of the week.  Didn't happen.  Another contact with customer service said the end of the week (29th), didn't happen.  Chat on the 29th told me 24-48 hours...4 hours left until that deadline.  They admit it's a problem on their end but it's still very frustrating to me!

Whether you accept what I will say or not, is neither here nor there, so...

They are agreeing with you because none of them know what they are talking about, nor the terms and conditions which I have given you. Once the promo is over, its forgotten. (for the CS reps)

The reason you are not receiving anything is because the giftcard dept IS aware of the terms given, and you are not within them.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/help_cds2.asp?PID=46534

I'm sorry dahling, but keep up the fight if you wish. I do empathize, it sucks.

And btw, if you ever decide to post again, you can reply to the post of interest, and hit the quote tab to the upper right of the box, to contain the original message.

Contributor
karenKS
0 Kudos

Thanks for your post but I am looking at my terms and conditions and I will admit that I was wrong with the month of March comment but I am STILL  within the terms.  It states between 12:00am Eastern time February 26, 2013 and 2:59am Eastern time March 12, 2013.  My purchase of March 6th with a register date of March 6th qualifies.

Contributor
TheWind
0 Kudos

Ok Karen, and just FYI here's another page with the original offer :

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-special-offer/379003919

Best 'o' luck girlll

Contributor
karenKS
0 Kudos

Thanks. Your link is not my promotion that I rec'd from the store flyer. So I'm hoping that they finalize this issue this week as they say in a message I rec'd today.
Contributor
TheWind
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

karenKS wrote:
Thanks. Your link is not my promotion that I rec'd from the store flyer. So I'm hoping that they finalize this issue this week as they say in a message I rec'd today.

With further digging, not to leave you hangin, check out this article from Feb 26:

http://www.mediabistro.com/appnewser/nook-promotion-gives-50-credit-when-you-buy-a-nook-tablet_b3271...

Now the interesting thing here is, if you click on their link to the promotion it brings you to the page I gave you with different dates.

Haha, (not really :smileyhappy:) but, considering the internal conflict, I would say the only route is in person. And, tell the sup or mgr about the conflict in dates at BN.com (the link I gave you)

Possibly in-store only 2/26-3/12 and then online from 3/12-3/24, and then they tangle it up and mix all the dates, no one gets the cash, lol

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

I don't know if Alex (one of the BN staff who participates here) has already offered to help you out, but if not, you should try engaging him on this. 

The folks who are mods on these boards seem to have access to the billing folks that the folks on the phone seem not to have.   

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Correspondent
The_Imperfect
0 Kudos

There were 2 promotions. When they "extended" the first, they did so by starting the second exact same promotion the next day. The one starting on the 12th is the second one. The promotion should arrive as an email that contains a link you have to click on, according to support. Are you checking your spam folder just in case? Then, after accepting, it shows up as if it were a gift card (you can find this in shop settings).. The credit should last for either 30 days from date of issue or date of claiming it, not sure which, but it is not 30 days from date of nook purchase.
Distinguished Correspondent
jamartMF
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
This promotion has been going in one form or another since black Friday. I got the original offer then that was a $20 egift card (thru email - be sure to check email in case yours was the same) when you bought a hd or hd+ with a master card. I also had a problem. The promotion allowed up to three purchases. I ordered two but only got one ecard two weeks later. I called. CS and they mailed me a regular gift card. It took about 2 weeks to get it. I am only unhappy now because I missed the $50 card or the now free simple touch. Talk to Alex or CS again. Good luck.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Karen, going to a store would be your best bet.

I follow Nook promotions closely and there have been gift cards and offers pretty much every weekend for the last 2 months. So the last promotion isn't the only one.

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele
0 Kudos

KarenKS check your receipt. your device should have been marked down by one penny from the original prices this flags the serial number if you see the regular price there then someone screwed up where you bought it and that is why you might not be seeing the credit yet.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Contributor
karenKS
0 Kudos

gabourele wrote:
KarenKS check your receipt. your device should have been marked down by one penny from the original prices this flags the serial number if you see the regular price there then someone screwed up where you bought it and that is why you might not be seeing the credit yet.

Thanks for the heads up!  I did check and it was for full price HOWEVER in my initial contact with B&N on the 6th the CS rep told me that my SN wasn't recognized and took a lot of information from my receipt and SN of my device and said that part was cleared up.  I'll let eveyone know what happens at the end of the week whether or not I have this resolved. 

Reader 4
Alesha_B

There were some issues with the gift cards during the first promotion and it was taking some extra time. You should go into the store and have someone there call since unfortunately your nook was rang up without the code that flagged it as part of the promotion. Without the flag attached the customer service people that you spoke to would not have had any record of you being eligible for the Gift Card.

Contributor
karenKS

Re: Beware of promotions FIXED!

Thank you to everyone who gave good advice and support.  I was finally able to get through to someone on Friday who could take care of this - THANK YOU DAVID.  I now have my credit!