Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth Keyboards

I recently purchased a Logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard and tried to pair it with my nook hd + but so far while it can see my keyboard it says its unable to pair with it.  Is anyone else having any luck with getting a keyboard to work?

Inspired Correspondent
The_Imperfect
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth Keyboards

Do you know if it has a HID profile/setting? I have read that it needs this for a bluetooth keyboard to work with the nook hds.
Contributor
JGerow
0 Kudos

I'm seeing the same thing -- Logitech K810 is found, but can't pair.

The K810 does have an HID profile -- as expected since is a brand new model.

No problems pairing with an ASUS TF700 tablet -- but noticed it did ask for a 6 digit pin instead of the usual 4.

Contributor
gabe36
0 Kudos

Found a great little keyboard yesterday at Radio Shack for $30 CDN.  Works great.  It`s just called Bluetooth.  Make sure your bluetooth is turned on on HD+.  Great  for emails and surfing web.  So much easier than builtin keyboard.  Just wish it fit onto the tablet like that other one (that starts with IP)  For now I`m happy with it.

Reader 2
samahoney
0 Kudos

I bought the Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard for Android 3.0+ and it works perfect.  I'm not familiar with the Logitech you are using, but does it support Android or is it Windows/Apple only?  If so that could be why it isn't pairing correctly.

Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_
0 Kudos

This keyboard is able to work with Windows and android 3.0 or higher.
Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_
0 Kudos

I just ordered the Logitech for Android. I'll give this a shot. I like that mine doesn't require batteries, so I'll keep it and hope that the nook HD eventually starts to support it.
Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_
0 Kudos

I figure its only a matter of time before BN pairs it up with a case and gets it's keyboard, but I don't want to wait to use a keyboard with my nook
Contributor
JGerow
0 Kudos

Given both HD+ and Logitech K810 are new to the Andriod / Bluetooth HID spec, it will probably be fixed in a driver update (from BN and/or Logitech) fairly soon. [Like I said no problems pairing with my ASUS TF700 which is [full] Android v4, but has also been out a couple months more.]
Contributor
JGerow

Turns out the earlier Logitech MediaBoard Pro keyboard pairs fine with theNook HD+ (both keyboard and touchpad work great!) Differences are it isn't multi-device and has a 4digit PIN ( the K810 used a 6-digit PIN for my ASUS tablet). Also note, while testing I found the problem with the Nook HD+ and K810 pairing process is the Nook HD+ doesn't display the pop-up with a PIN that needs to be typed on the K810. (If I type some characters on the K810 followed by a return during the pairing time, I get a "Couldn't pair with Logitech K810" pop-up with a reason given: invalid PIN or passcode.)
Frequent Contributor
vinnyc
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with SONY BT headphones, wouldn't pair but the HD+ "sees" the device. I kept clicking where you make the device "visible" and it would time out every time without pairing. On the screen where you see the device listed, click on the device then it will pair. Godd luck.
Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_
0 Kudos

JGerow wrote:
Given both HD+ and Logitech K810 are new to the Andriod / Bluetooth HID spec, it will probably be fixed in a driver update (from BN and/or Logitech) fairly soon. [Like I said no problems pairing with my ASUS TF700 which is [full] Android v4, but has also been out a couple months more.]

I did give the Logitech helpdesk a call to see what the possible difference in bluetooth could be between their Android only bluetooth keyboard (920) and the newer K810 and they were just as clueless.  I'm hoping the next softward update will take care of this issue.  My 920 arrives today and I'll be testing it with the nook HD+.  I'm confident it will work, but I'm going to hold onto the other because I really don't want to have to deal with batteries. 

Contributor
JGerow
0 Kudos

I think I'm finally getting the K810 elevated up to the next level. Seems the K810 doesn't want to give the PIN pop-up on an HP laptop running Windows 7. Interesting one rep also said the Nook HD+ doesn't do bluetooth. (If the Logitech MediaBoard Pro wasn't so big and battery-based, I'd opt to use it --- at least it works, & has a touchpad that does drive the Nook HD+'s cute little blue [mouse] cursor.
Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Yesterday, I picked up the Targus Bluetooth keyboard on sale at Office Depot. It paired nicely with my NT HD+ and works fine. Now, if I can just stop hitting the Delete key when I really want to hit Backspace! Of course, if I work on my accuracy, I won't even notice the huge Delete key with the tiny Backspace in the far right corner. I don't know, I might be exchanging it. The guy at the store reminded me I have two weeks to try it out.

New User
dragfree
0 Kudos

I just bought a Nook HD+ after seeing it in the store and falling in love with the display and format -- and AFTER checking to see if it had BT HID profile. I'm dismayed to find that it won't pair with either the K810 or the MS Wedge BT keyboard. Both work great with my Nexus 7. I've never had a Nook before, just kindle and the Nexus. Want the bigger format for writing so if the Nook won't pair then this is a dealbreaker. Looks as if I'll have to return it and get a kindle HD 9 or a Nexus 10, despite their higher weight, price, and lack of micro sd memory slot. Drat!
Contributor
JGerow
0 Kudos

For writing (unless you need a illuminated keyboard), check out the earlier Logitech MediaBoard Pro keyboard --it pairs fine and has a touchpad that works with the Nook HD+. Lot easier to use the touchpad for positioning the cursor then tapping on the screen.
Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer

Returned my Targus keyboard and picked up (okay, my wife bought it for me, isn't she the best?!) the Zagg Flex bluetooth keyboard from Target. I love it!  It's compact, light, and comes with a cover so I won't have to obsess. It paired with my Nook HD+ easily and I worked on it for a few hours last night. Working on NaNoWriMo this month and have some catching up to do, thanks in no small part to my new Nook. Back to the keyboard. It's rechargeable and comes with the necessary microUSB to USB cable for charging. Supposedly, the battery will last for weeks. It's got a nice, solid feel to it while pounding those keys and the Delete key in the upper right corner works like the Backspace key so no worries there. The cover can double as a stand but since I bought the 360 cover, I can leave the cover to do just one job, protect my new keyboard. I have fairly big hands and this keyboard didn't leave me feeling cramped or missing my relatively huge laptop's keyboard. It also has a row of dedicated function keys along the top and four direction keys to the right of the spacebar. So far, for me, this is a winner combination.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Dragfree, what do you mean by this:

I'm dismayed to find that it won't pair with either the K810 or the MS Wedge BT keyboard.

My Nook HD+ is pairing wtih devices fine via Bluetooth.

Did it not find the devices? not pair with them? not work after pairing?

Which was it.

Inspired Contributor
VAharleygirl
0 Kudos

Are these keyboards working with a non-rooted/dual booted HD?

I just called B&N Support, and 'officially' no external keyboard support.

I've read that NC will support a bluetooth on a rooted/N2A booting Color.

The keyboard is becoming the make-or-break between upgrading to another Nook (which I've been overall happy with) vs Nexus 7.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

No official support normally means BN is not certifying or providing customer service. This means the burden for  supporting these devices falls completely on the keyboard maker or supplier.  This means it is a try it and see iif it works unless seller states it is compatible. It is almost a certainity that some will work, in fact posters have mentioned a couple that will.