Contributor
JoyceMcDonaldHoskins

Re: Bluetooth Keyboards

I bought a Logitech today and it wouldn't pair. I took it back and they (Office Depot) tried to get it to work and it wouldn't. They test a Targus in the store and it works great.  

Frequent Contributor
vinnyc

Did anyone mention that there is a Nook HD+ cover with a biult-in Bluetooth keyboard? Search at Amazon I think it is made by Ionic? It's about $35.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Really? That sounds really cool. Thanks for sharing it.

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

I have that Ionic Bluetooth keyboard case on order...they've already delayed it twice *sigh*. If they delay again, I'll probably cancel my order get a pretty Oberon sleeve.

Contributor
Baby_Fark_McGee-zax
0 Kudos

Awaiting a review on that Ionic product, seems cool, but I like to have a little more information before making a purchase like that.

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

I normally would too, so I looked at the reviews of the ionic keyboard cases for other tabs...kindles and ipads...and they were mostly good. That's why I pulled the trigger. 

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just picked up the Logitech Keyboard for Windows 8, Windows RT and Android 3.0; could not get it to pair with either of our HD models. No pop-up screen to key the pin number.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Contributor
sflawguy1

Thank you Michael above for mentioning the Zagg keyboard. 

I picked up a Zagg flexkeys keyboard at Target and I love it.  It is a bit pricey (70 or so) but it is very light (6 oz with cover) and is almost full size (90 percent or so.)

This is very easy to pair, very easy to type on, and very easy to throw in the backpack.  The stand/cover is excellent both as a stand and a cover.

With the nook I have a 1 lb solution to type documents, browse the web, and other tasks.  I use quickoffice and dropbox to move what I type of the nook to my PC.

This is a very light, low cost mobile solution.  My laptop will be staying home more often now.

Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

I purchased the Logitech 920-003390 Tablet Keyboard from Amazon and it paired with my HD+ (non rooted or anything like it) with no problem. The HD+ immediately "saw" the keyboard and connected within seconds.

Now, I realize that I should have found one that had a touch pad because that is driving me batty! :smileytongue:

Inspired Contributor
sflawguy1
0 Kudos

I seems like a lot of people use the tablet since it has a touch screen.  That way there is no mouse or touch pad to carry around.  You may want to try it and see if it makes sense for you.

I was dubious at first, but it turned out to work for me.

VVG
New User
VVG
0 Kudos

The Zagg FlexKeys works great. Comes with a case that converts into a stand for the NOOK. Best Buy or Amazon.

Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman

I have my keyboard working! Full details below! I received the MS Wedge Bluetooth Keyboard from my husband for Christmas. Initially, I had the same issue that everyone is reporting here. The Nook HD+ could see the keyboard, but pairing would always fail. We figured out that if I typed a couple of numbers and hit enter, we could get the error pop-up saying that the pass code was incorrect. My wonderful husband, who makes his living as a programmer, had a brilliant thought: the Bluetooth Keyboard was set, out of the box, to initially require a passcode. But the Nooks don't require a passcode for keyboards. So here are the steps that we took to get it out of passcode mode and into codeless mode.

Instructions using the Microsoft Wedge Bluetooth Keyboard

1) Paired MS Wedge Keyboard to my laptop using Bluetooth. Laptop generated a 6-digit passcode that I entered from the Wedge Keyboard.

2) Once the keyboard was connected to my laptop, I opened up a Notepad app and typed a bit to confirm that the keyboard was fully functional.

3) Then I was able to put the keyboard into codeless pairing mode. (On the MS Wedge you do this by holding down the Fn (function) key and pressing the Bluetooth button on the battery casing for 3-5 seconds. If you want to put the Wedge into passcode mode, you only hold down the bluetooth button for 3-5 seconds.)

4) Hit Pair on my Nook HD+ and it connected immediately.

Note:

I also connected a MS Bluetooth mouse that I had laying around the house. The mouse connected right away and requested a passcode. I used the newly operational Wedge to enter the standard passcode of 0000 and it worked like a charm.

Hopefully, these instruction help anyone struggling to get a Bluetooth keyboard working with their Nook HD or HD+. You should be able to reference the instructions for whatever Bluetooth keyboard you are trying to use to find how to put it into codeless pairing mode.

New User
Lauralitta
0 Kudos

The sumalife bluetooth keyboard case with stylus works wonderful with the Nook HD+. It has a bit of a lag but not by a lot.
Reader
HelloLindsey
0 Kudos

My BT keyboard pairs just fine, but it doesn't work. No matter what app I use or what kind of field I try to type into, nothing happens when I hit the keys. It is made by Anker, and it is compatible with android devices 3.0 and higher.
Reader
HelloLindsey
0 Kudos

Also, I am using a fully updated nook hd+
Frequent Contributor
MarshaInSC
0 Kudos

I think the issue with Bluetooth keyboards is that the Nook HD+ is NOT displaying the required code for pairing.  The logitech keyboard I have (made by Zagg for the Galaxt 10.1) will not connect to my Nook, but works fine with my iPad.  The iPad does show the security code.  The HD+ sees the device, but will not pair.

I am going to try Miss Kilman's method if I can -- but I don't think I can put my keyboard in codeless mode.  I will get back with the results of my test.

Reader
John_B_20
0 Kudos

In checking out info on the new keyboard from Crazyondigital corp I gave them a call.  This is the keyboard that is being sold on Amazon for $35 plus $3 S/H.  They didn't have much to say because they have not even seen it yet.  They say that they are not going to have it in stock until Jan. 3rd.  I was looking for info on the deminsions.  The only thing I know is that it weighs 1.4 lbs.

For the price I am thinking of giving it a try.  The Nook HD+ fits in the cover with the keyboard.  The only reservation is that they send a screen protector with it free for you to put on your device.  I am wondering how bulky it will be to carry.

Frequent Contributor
MarshaInSC
0 Kudos

Well, I could not get my Logitech/Zagg keyboard to pair with my Nook HD+.  The nook never found the device.  I could pair it with my laptop and my iPod (v2), but not the nook.  So I'm back to square one to find a keyboard.

Which is funny, since I sat in on my local B&N nook class this Saturday and the dude said the HD/HD+ would pair with keyboards and mice.  Tempted to take the keyboard to him to see if he can get it to work.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

It's worth a shot.

Someone here was talking about changing a setting so that it isn't required to enter a code to pair. And that after that keyboard paired fine.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

I had to try 3 keyboards before I got one to pair. One Logitech (newest one) would not pair, and another from Radioshack would pair but not type. I finally took my HD to Staples, and the tech let me try all of them until we found one that paired - the one that worked was designed for an IPAD.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!