Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth Keyboards

sflawguy1 wrote:

Thank you Michael above for mentioning the Zagg keyboard. 

I picked up a Zagg flexkeys keyboard at Target and I love it.  It is a bit pricey (70 or so) but it is very light (6 oz with cover) and is almost full size (90 percent or so.)

This is very easy to pair, very easy to type on, and very easy to throw in the backpack.  The stand/cover is excellent both as a stand and a cover.

With the nook I have a 1 lb solution to type documents, browse the web, and other tasks.  I use quickoffice and dropbox to move what I type of the nook to my PC.

This is a very light, low cost mobile solution.  My laptop will be staying home more often now.

I picked this keyboard up at Amazon for around $55.00 shipped with hubby's prime account. It came this afternoon and I really like it. Paired easily, light weight. LOVE that it has a nice cover that doesn't take up a lot of room. i also like that though the cover doubles as a stand for the HD+, it is separate from the HD+ so both HD+ and keyboard have their own protective covers separate from each other.  The keyboard case is quite compact and fits snugly and securely onto the keyboard when not in use as a stand.  MY HD+ cover is also very little bulk so they both fit nicely into their own pocket in my bag. Nice to not be forced to try to accomodate one bulky unit if two slender items can be fit in my bag or desk easier. 

At first, I tried to find one with a touch pad on it, but I really don't care for the touch pad on hubby's laptop, so I decided I didn't want to spend the extra money for something I might not like for my HD+ either.   And honestly, my hand is just a few inches away from it already, seemed lazy to not just reach up there and touch the screen if I needed too. The keyboard does make it easier to type. That one finger peck thing drives me crazy and I'm always pecking the wrong "key". This is much nicer.

Thank you telling us about this one. It's perfect.

Frequent Contributor
Socrates20
0 Kudos

I received a Targus Keyboard and it works great. Paired no problem and for $49 bucks is great. Light weight and easy to use.
Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman

To all the people that had absolutely no problem pairing their keyboards: did you at any time have to enter a passcode? It would be interesting to know if anyone actually saw a passcode dialog. Also, I think it would be helpful if we started a list of working, passcode free keyboards including make/model/price and where you purchased.
Contributor
Lancastrian

Hi,

after reading this thread and hours of browsing the web looking for a suitable keyboard for my HD+ I decided to take the plunge and bought this one from Amazon UK. Perixx PERIBOARD-804 UK, Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Black . I charged the built in battery, takes about two hours, then following the simple instructions that came with it switched it on, the HD+ found it right away, pressed F12 and a four digit code came up on the screen, typed it in and "Bingo" it was paired. It must have taken all of two minutes, Phew ! what a relief.

We also tested it for distance as it says that it has a range of ten metres and we found that it worked from the room next door through the wall so I'm very happy with it. In size its just a fraction wider than the HD+ with a full set of keys apart from the number pad including both £ and $, if it had iluminated keys it would be perfect but at the price I could not be happier...Dave...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing Lancastrian.

Please keep adding what keyboards worked for you. Also, whether or not the passcode step was needed.

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek

[ Edited ]
Hint for those with problems with logitech android kb. Pair it with a real computer, do a bt disconnect after you sucessfully pair it, then just hit the keyboards connect button after enabling search for bt devices on the nook. Forget if nook popped up a pin box but think it did, and was able to connect
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Miss_Kilman wrote:
To all the people that had absolutely no problem pairing their keyboards: did you at any time have to enter a passcode? It would be interesting to know if anyone actually saw a passcode dialog. Also, I think it would be helpful if we started a list of working, passcode free keyboards including make/model/price and where you purchased.

yes, I had to enter a passcode with the Zagg flexkeys that I bought from Amazon, same one as the one others mentioned from Target. Got a 4 number passcode code when it popped up on my HD (as a tiny keyboard) I typed it in on the bt keyboard, it was accepted and everything worked fine from there.

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

Hey, the Ionic Bluetooth keyboard case from Crazy On Digital at Amazon finally shipped! Hopefully I'll have it in a few days and I'll post how I like it.

it has a couple reviews already, both bad because of shipping issues with the company, but the other versions of the keyboard case (for iPad and Kindle) got lots of good reviews, so I'm hopeful. However, the price seems too good to be true...under $35 for the bluetooth keyboard in a case of real leather.

I'll let you all know my thoughts (with pics) when it arrives :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman

@bugeek I think you are describing essentially the same process that I went through with my MS Wedge keyboard. Although it's interesting that you then got the pop-up code entry dialog. Good to know that the same maneuver works with other devices in a way similar to what I described.
New User
JohnDom87
0 Kudos

Which IPad keyboard was it? I'm looking for a keyboard my my Nook HD+ and after reading some of these comments it sounds like its a hard thing to find. 

Reader
John_B_20
0 Kudos

I just recv'd the iconic bluetooth keyboard that is being sold on Amazon for 35.00 bucks plus 3.00 s/h. It paired perfectly with the six step instructions that came with it. The keyboard is magnetized to the case and can easily be removed. The case is not real leather but it does come with a kickstand built into the back of it. It is really nice. Just takes a little getting used to b/c it is smaller but they are all this size. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Reader
John_B_20
0 Kudos

Just got the keyboard today and it works GREAT!!!!! I love it. The case with the nook is not much thinker than that one I bought at BN store. It is great, really. I am typing this post using it!
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60

I got mine too, and I also love mine. I can touch type really well, though maybe a little slower and thoughtfully.

Paired easy and the HD+ finds it no problem after its been asleep. I also don't have any lag. 

However, I'm not sure it's real leather, but that doesn't bother me :smileyhappy:

New User
SteveMpeace
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Awesome. Thank you for sharing. I bought one(ZaggKeys Flex) this afternoon from target after returning the Logitech keyboard for windows 8 etc. to best buy.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

The keyboard designed for the IPAD that worked was an Adesso WKB-1000BW.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Reader 2
atmva
0 Kudos

Just bought the Verbatim Ultraslim .. it will pair and thats about it! ... back to staples! Grrr

Has someone made a list of the ones that ACTUALLY work??

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

atmva wrote:

Just bought the Verbatim Ultraslim .. it will pair and thats about it! ... back to staples! Grrr

Has someone made a list of the ones that ACTUALLY work??

there are several suggestions in the thread above where people say they pair and work. My zagg works fine.

Frequent Contributor
maureen-in-mukilteo
0 Kudos

I purchased the Poetic keyboard and HD+ cover from Amazon for about $24. I followed a six step set up procedure and had the keyboard and nook paired in less than a minute. The cover looks great on the nook so I'm very happy with this purchase. 

New User
gchermes
0 Kudos

I'm using a Zagg Keyboard. It works really well. I was surprised that even some of the function keys for volume control and search seem to work just fine.

I have tried to get a Microsoft Mouse to work as well, but no luck. It doesn't even see the device. I don't have any other bluetooth devices to test it with, so I'm not sure if the device just isn't working or if there is some sort of conflict with the keyboard.

If anyone has sucessfully gotten both a keyboard AND a mouse to work at the same time, I would be interested to know how you managed to do it. The mouse I am trying to use is a Microsoft 5000 Bluetooth.

Reader 2
atmva
0 Kudos

saw that as well. ordered it after i tool the last one back to staples.  hopefully it will function equally as well with the HD.

Thanks!!