Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth Keyboards

@gchermes, as I posted previously in this same thread, I am using an MS Wedge keyboard and an MS BT 5000 mouse simultaneously. I had to fiddle with the Wedge keyboard to get it to pair (you can find my instructions further up the thread), but my BT 5000 mouse paired right away first try. The mouse always pairs automagically now as does the keyboard, regardless of whether the other is connected or not.

Reader
MichaelFarrar
0 Kudos

Does anybody know if they allow mouse support with the no...

Does anybody know if they allow mouse support with the nook hd+

Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman
0 Kudos

Re: Does anybody know if they allow mouse support with the no...

@MichaelFarrar, the Nook HD+ will indeed connect to a mouse. I am using a Microsoft BT 5000 mouse. It connected right away first try. I haven't tried any other BT mouse, but the MS 5000 works perfectly. The mouse pointer is a tiny little blue arrow. Some have complained that the pointer is too small, but I haven't had any trouble with it.

Frequent Contributor
MarshaInSC

I am using a Logitech Bluetooth mouse with mine.  It works great.

I was also finally able to get my Logitech/Zagg keyboard to pair & connect with my Nook ND+.  This was after I had purchased the Poetic Keyboard cover from the big A.  Although I liked the keyboard cover, I returned it because the space bar did not work correctly.  Plus I could only use the nook in Landscape mode.  Now I can use my keyboard and mouse, and my 360 cover lets me work in portrait or landscape.

New User
panamanian_lng

I bought a keyboard and I've tried to pair it..and it shows up I go through the steps to pair it, I put in the key code that they want and it works my nook says it is paired but when I try to type on it nothing will come up. Can someone please tell me if they've had the same problem and how to fix it?

Reader 2
pag99
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. My Sharkk BT keyboard pairs just fine but the HD+ does not respond to key strokes.

The same keyboard works fine with my Andoid Samsung Note and Mac Mini, so this is definitely a problem with the nook hd+.
New User
BlueMud
0 Kudos

I purchased a ZAGG keyboard from Target and it paired immediately. No issues what-so-ever. I stopped into a Barnes and Noble store and no one seemed to know what keyboards were good for the nook - this seems like a fairly common question to me - I think the nook needs to get up to speed with all the other tablets. It's too bad. I love my nook and won't change for a while since I just got it as a gift recently, but I think when I'm in the market for another tablet, I'll go somewhere else.
wgh
New User
wgh

Just wanted to share my experience with finding a wirless keyboard for my Nook HD+

Based on Consumer Reports' tests and test driving other tablets, I purchased a Nook HD+ last month (March 2013), and after reading community advice and our company's IT tech's advice, went to BestBuy to test Logitech & Zagg.  Logitech didn't pair and Zagg wasn't available. 

Drove straight to Target and asked them to help me pair keyboards - they opened Belkin's "Universal Wireless Keyboard with iPad shortcut keys" and turned it on.  It paired immediately and I was able to type on the keyboard and it showed up immediately on the tablet.  Since it was light and more compact than the Zagg, I bought it!  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
DaveHanson

[ Edited ]

[quote]Hint for those with problems with logitech android kb. Pair it with a real computer, do a bt disconnect after you sucessfully pair it, then just hit the keyboards connect button after enabling search for bt devices on the nook. Forget if nook popped up a pin box but think it did, and was able to connect.[/quote]

I tried duplicating what bugeek suggested, but no luck.  I'm not sure I copied what you did though.

Seems amazing to me that bn.com didn't get this issue fixed in their latest firmware...?

Any other thoughts on this appreciated!

Reader
crownmountain
0 Kudos

So instead of checking here first I bought a Verbatim Ultraslim keyboard .  In the instructions it states you have to set the keyboard to U.S. International, which is not a choice on the nook.  Back to Staples with mine too.  It pairs fine.

Reader
crownmountain
0 Kudos

So went back to staples and did an even exchange for an Adesso and it worked as soon as it paired and it paired immediatly
Frequent Contributor
bookworm1215
0 Kudos

I just bought that keyboard for my nook hd+ it is made by Poetic and it works great!!  I am glad I got it the price is really good to 35.00.  The only thing I need to get use to the space bar, it is a little on the stiff side but it is well worth it.

New User
RBIngraham
0 Kudos

Just an FYI to other users.  I just purchased a Gear Head Bluetooth Keyboard for my Nook HD+.  I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly right out of the box.  No hassles at all.  So far it is great.  Makes the Nook so much more usable for every day tasks.

Model # is: KB7500AND 

I assume the AND is short for Android.  I picked it up at MicroCenter, which has a local store near me, but they are on the web as well.  Make sure you get the one that specifically says for Android on the front of the box.  There were others that looked identical that stated for iOS.  I suspect it's the same thing with a couple of different labels on buttons, but better safe than sorry.

It was $40.

Contributor
BarbaraC1977
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ACKKK! (Sorry for shouting)  Trying to pair with my Nook HD+

Purchased a Targus keyboard.  Paired no problem after displaying pin code correctly.  But hated it because Targus put the Delete key where Backspace _should_ be, and then put Backspace out of reach for a touch typist at far upper right corner.  

Purchased two Logitech Tablet keyboards.  Son paired Logitech keyboard with Nexus 7 in seconds.  Nook HD+ has shown various "can't pair" or "wrong pin/passkey" if I guess 0000, 1111, or 1234.  Keyboard tests successful when paired with Nexus 7.

Keyboard does not have a codeless pairing mode, apparently (or I can't find it on Logitech site.)  And Nook HD+ doesn't give any clue about why it's not displaying the PIN so I can enter it correctly.  Hope someone can identify a solid fix.  I love the feel of the keyboard, but if it doesn't work, it's going back.

New User
kozleski
0 Kudos

How'd you end up getting it to work?  Having the same trouble with a k810

Correspondent
DonMN
0 Kudos

BarbaraC, did you have the Nook in landscape or portrait mode when you were trying to pair the keyboard?    Sometimes things may not be visible because they are off the screen.

New User
John-Arbaugh
0 Kudos

I had the same issues as most, then using the advice above, I went to Staples, bought the ADESSO Compagno 2 keyboard, and it not only synced right up, it types beautifully. Box says IPAD 3rd Generation, and the back says it's Android 3.0 and above.

Bottom Line, some keyboards work others don't..DO NOT GIVE UP, there ARE keyboards that function with the Nook HD+.

(by the way, I also had them try the TARGUS keyboard above, but turned it down on size and lack of sleeve or cover....the  ADESSO came with a keyboard/Standup leather folio).

New User
Health1
0 Kudos

Solved this same problem by turning Logitech keyboard over, pressing "connect" button.  (Found solution at Logitech help blog).  

New User
Health1
0 Kudos

Press "control" button under keyboard!
New User
Suby88
0 Kudos

Had the same problem. At least I realized I was not crazy when I read everyone's comments. I returned the Logitech keyboard and went to Target, where I purchased a General Electric universal keyboard for half the price. Tried it out in the car right away, and it paired.