Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth Keyboards

[ Edited ]

Suby88, would you mind sharing the model number of the GE keyboard? I can't find any wireless GE keyboard on Target's website. And what was the price?  Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. Thanks for the heads up that that model works.

New User
gurguri

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that work with Nook HD

I can vouch after using both that Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse and Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard both work BEAUTIFULLY with my Nook HD running 2.1.0.

Vey little lag, feels great to work with, easy set up and just overall good experience. Highly recommend them for the Nook HD.

Stay away from Logitech.

And as a few posters mentioned, do tuen the keyboard to codelesss pairing before attempting to use it.

New User
alxstewart

I'm using the Targus AKB33US keyboard. Had no problems pairing it with the HD+. It's a good keyboard for those of us with big hands. It has full size keys, but is only about 2" wider than the HD+.
New User
dando-shaft

The  bluetooth keyboard that HP made for the WebOS HP Touchpad works with the HD+.  It's a full-sized keyboard with really good feel.  It is a bit under 2" longer than the HD+.  So far, it's paired up with every device that I've tried with it.

They are still available at Amazon for $40.

Contributor
jerry60
0 Kudos

Keep an eye out for sales. Zagg has them fairly frequently. A few months ago they had keyboards 50% off!

Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

Based on what I've read here, I went to my local Target store and looked for a Bluetooth keyboard. Only found one, by GE. So I wandered over to the Apple accessory section and a nice young fella asked if I was finding everything. Is just me or did he bear an uncanny resemblance to Stephen King about 30 years ago? Anyway, I told him what I was looking for and he pointed out Zaggkeys Flex keyboard. Since it got favorable reviews here, I bought it. A bit pricey at ~$68 but it works with both Android and iOS, Stephen, uh, the clerk said I could return it within 45 days. And a $50 gift card helped defray the cost. Brought it home and it paired immediately! No problem whatsoever. Amazing. So I tried it with my iPod Touch (there's a switch on the back of the keyboard). Success! To re-pair with the HD+ I had to go through the pairing process again, but that's no big deal. It has a cover that subs as a stand for your device. True, I've only had it for less than an hour, but unless it craps out for some reason, I'm happy. I'm typing this review on it, and even with my muttonchop fingers, it's a breeze. Only  complaint is the smell of the cover, but that is common with the material, and should dissipate in a few days. I put it in the spare room. I'll let you know if anything untoward happens.

Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

lochnez wrote:

To re-pair with the HD+ I had to go through the pairing process again, but that's no big deal.

Correction: I did not have to re-pair, I just thought I did because I'm inexperienced with Bluetooth devices. All I had to do was wait a few seconds. But patience was never one of my virtues.

New User
jschloesser
0 Kudos

i bought one also but cannot get it to work! driving me nuts!!

Frequent Contributor
Aristotelian
0 Kudos

I was having similar problems -- Minisuit Bluetooth keyboard for Nook HD+. Got it running for one week with no problems but all of a sudden it was showing as paired but blue icon was not lighting up and device was not receiving input from the keyboard. I tried many times to re-pair the keyboard and it kept appearing to pair successfully but would not input keystrokes. Finally I searched for keyboard apps that have the HID driver. I tried installing BlueInput Demo and got the keyboard to work, although the app was very clunky. I uninstalled the app, then tried to pair the keyboard through the Nook settings. Lo and behold it worked. Try installing then uninstalling BlueInput Demo and see if it works. It worked for me!

New User
isrby
0 Kudos

I had the same broblem with pairing Nook HD and Logitech k810.

I downloaded 'BlueInput Demo' from Google Play Store. It paired me to the Logitech k810 and It works! I am now able to use the k810 with my Nook HD.

You can use 'BlueInput Demo' for like 16 days, if you want to continue using it you have to purchase a license key.

Then only thing I didn't like was that there is not an option to purchase the key through Google play.

I had to use Pay-Pal to purchase it through the developers site(Teksoft).

Reader
Marlar-Creates
0 Kudos

Ionic bluetooth keyboard didn't work with my nook hd+
Frequent Contributor
Aristotelian
0 Kudos

Update: I had to replace my Nook HD+ due to a hardware issue. Encountered the same difficulty pairing my Minisuit bluetooth keyboard, it paired but did not connect or accept keyboard input. Tried again with installing Blueinput Demo app, pairing the keyboard through the app, and then uninstalling the app. This method worked again so I don't think it was a fluke.
New User
justme1694
0 Kudos

Hello I bought this keyboard too and I am having trouble getting it to work it shows that it is paired with my tablet but it wont let me type....is there anything else I need to do once its paired?

New User
zr14me
0 Kudos

The first Ionic case/keyboard had keys falling off so it was returned.  I order another (both from Amazon via CrazyonDigital and seems to be of good quality, but will not work.  It pairs easily and can recognize the code when typing on keyboard, but will not work.  I guess I have to return this one too.

Reader 2
caprica52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have the same $35 one from Amazon.  Great faux case.  But the keyboard will not pair.  I keep getting "will not communicate with keyboard" - does not provide a passcode.  Very fusterated!

Frequent Contributor
Aristotelian
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Minisuit Nook HD+ keyboard? Now the Amazon reviews for this keyboard are saying you just need to try to pair 3 or 4 times. I tried this and it works. If it is paired but not connected, try to unpair and then go through the process a couple of times.

New User
JinxWV
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I bought the Ionic keyboard and it would pair with the Nook HD+, but it would not replace the on-screen keyboard and their was no option to switch keyboards.

In an earlier part of this thread , someone had a solution to another keyboard that worked perfectly for the Ionic:

Instead of typing in the code, put the keyboard into "codeless pairing mode". Turn on the keyboard and press and hold the Fn (function) key and the Bluetooth button on the keyboard at the same time for about 5 seconds. Then I turned on the bluetooth on the Noook and it worked!! I noticed that the message on the Nook would say "paired", then after a few seconds it would say "connected". Connected seems to be the key, because then it would replace the on-screen keyboard.

Now, everytime I turn the keyboard and the bluetooth on, it takes a few seconds, but it usually goes into "connected" mode. If not, I simply press the bluetooth button the keyboard, and it connects.

I love the Ionic keyboard and the case - it is a perfect fit for the Nook HD+

Reader 2
J-M-K
0 Kudos

I too purchased the Ionic Keyboard, and found it difficult to get my HD+ working with it...

Until I took the shocking move of reading the manual that came with it. (Really more of a small, single paged, piece of paper than a manual, but it worked!) They paired instantly, and I was connected and happily typing away in just a few seconds!

Reader 2
J-M-K
0 Kudos

OK, as I just said in a previous post, I just (2 weeks ago) purchased the Ionic Bluetooth Case and Keyboard from Amazon.com for my Nook HD+.

Here is my list of positives and negitives:

Pro:

√ Very attractive case and keyboard.

√ Attractive kick-stand.

√ Easy to pair, if you read the instructions.

√ Battery lasts 72 hours. (I don't know if it actually lasts that long, but I've only charged it twice so far.)

√ Hybernation / Sleep mode to save battery.

√ Case fit's like a glove. Tablet does not "slosh around" inside the case, stretching it.

√ Magnets in the case and keyboard activate and de-activate the HD+'s 'sleep mode', turning off the screen when you close the case, and turning it back on when you open the case.

√ Those same magnet's allow the keyboard to be removed instantly when you want to, but keep it sufficiently connected to the case otherwise.

√ Nice Function keys, on the Function Keys, to do common things like: Back, Home, Email, Copy, Paste, Cut, Volume Down, Volume UP, Play/Pause, Rewind, and Fast Forward.

√ Ctrl Key

√ Alt Key

√ Many normal PC hot-key combinations work, like CTRL-C (copy), CTRL-X (cut), and CTRL-V (paste).

√ Shift-Left-Arrow and Shift-Right-Arrow will (usually) select text that can (usually) be copied, pasted, or cut. (Usually).

√ Home, End, and Delete keys!

√ Ctrl-Home, and Ctrl-End keys work (mostly).

√ Interesting "Contextual Search" key brings up particular search form, depending on what you're doing.

√ Page UP and Page DOWN keys via Fn-Up and Fn-Down.

√ Normal placement of symbols on the shifted-number keys.

√ The long-touch Copy, Cut, and Paste options are (usually) interchangable with the Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-V hot-key combinations.

√ CTRL-Left and CTRL-Right will send the curser the the start of the Previous, and Next words.

√ CTRL-SHIFT-LEFT will select all text between the curser and the start of the current, or previous word.

√ CTRL-SHIFT-RIGHT does the same thing, to the right.

√ CTRL-SHIFT-UP/DOWN selects a page of text as would be expected.

√ ALT-TAB will switch through the active applications, just like on Windows.

√ USUALLY.

Cons:

0 No way to tell what the status of the battery is.

0 No light or app to say, "Fully Charged!", you have to guess.

0 No light or app to say, "Charge me now!", the keyboard just starts acting weird(er).

0 Keyboard will bend on uneven surface, causing it to miss keysstrokes.

0 Keyboard requires firm keypresses that travels all the way to the bottom of the keyboard, or it will miss keystrokes.

0 Keyboard, or maybe the Tablet, requires the user to type rather slowly, or it will miss keystrokes.

0 If the tablet is lagging, keystrokes WILL be missed.

0 Square Mystery Key on top row that does nothing, as far as I can tell.

0 The Up Arrow and the Right Shift Key need to be swapped. The Arrow Key needs to be the one furthest to the right, as the Right Shift key is only half-size, causing me to hit "UP" when I mean "Shift". Very annoying.

0 The PC compatible "Hot Keys" DO NOT ALWAYS WORK!

0 Too many times I have found that the Long-Press Copy, Cut and Paste functions do NOT work with the Hot-Key Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-V, basically leaving you with EITHER two copy/paste buffers, OR one way that works, and the other way that doesn't work. Usually it's the keyboard that get's the short end of THAT stick.

0 The Case Magnet / Snap fastener emerges from the FRONT Cover, and snaps into a fitting on the BACK Cover. Normally, a fastener is swen into the BACK Cover, and then fastens onto the FRONT cover. Meaning that I often open it backwards to the way I'd intended.

0 ALT-F4 "Quit" Hotkey does NOT work.

So far, that's 24 positive and 13 negitive, so it's still a really nice keyboard and case.

P.S. Has anyone discovered a way to tell how full or empty the battery is, other than when the keyboard starts taking a keystroke and running with itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?

Contributor
Long2Read
0 Kudos

Thank you Aristototelian!  I could not get any of the recommended keyboards to pair but tried the Blue Input demo as suggested and the GE keyboard from Target did pair beautifully!  I checked the price to support the developer but the cost (listed as 15 Euro) was out of my range so I too uninstalled but was able to keep the keyboard paired. Thank you!