Contributor
Lancastrian
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth Mouse for HD+ ??

Hi,

after getting a keyboard sorted for my HD+ I though I would try to add a mouse. I bought a very cheap "Speed link Snappy Mouse" from Amazon and although it paired and it says that its active I don't get a pointer I've tried removing it and reinstalling it but nothing seems to work, it remains paired and active but no pointer, maybe its a dud ?

Has anyone else managed to get a mouse up and running on an HD+?...Dave...

Contributor
Lancastrian

Re: Bluetooth Mouse for HD+ ??

Hi,

no replies yet, has anyone got a mouse working on their HD+ ??

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I doubt BN included mouse support in the OS, unless a driver can be added or you move to stock android. Rousabout probably knows if stock android includes mouse device drivers?

Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman

I'm sorry, I saw you post yesterday and forgot to respond. The Nook HD+ does indeed support mouse drivers. I had a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 lying around the house and connected it on a lark. It absolutely works and gives you a tiny little mouse pointer. It actually works very well, especially in a web browser where there are sometimes very fiddly little x buttons that need pushing!
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

thanks for the information Miss_Kilman.

That's just amazing. To have mouse support on the HD+. Will have to try that sometime. Not sure if I have a bluetooth supporting mouse yet. I prefer wired ones since they are fast and don't need batteries.

Contributor
Lancastrian

Thank you for your reply Miss_Kilman,

I thought there must have been support for a BT mouse because there is a speed control for a pointer in the settings, I guess my cheapo mouse could be a dud because although it paired with no problems no matter what I try I can't get a pointer to show up.

I have just ordered a Microsoft BT 5000 from Amazon I hope it works when it arrives. As a point of interest when I paired the Speedylink mouse I got a message on the HD+ screen asking for a code and saying that most makers used a default code of "0000" or "1234", the Speedylink paired with the "0000" code...

Thanks for the replies...Dave...

Contributor
Lancastrian

Hi,

my microsoft bluetooth mouse 5000 arrived this morning. I got it to pair without any problems, a window opened on the HD+ asking for a code and also saying try 0000 or 1234 to pair. The 0000 code did the job and the mouse works fine although the pointer is quite small and blue in colour.

I adjusted the pointer speed in the general settings menu and changed the home page wallpaper to one with a light background as the blue pointer is hard to see against darker backgrounds.

It mentions in the instruction book for the mouse that there are downloads for various options and effects but I haven't tried that yet, I think they are for use with windows but I will have a meddle later and see what I can come up with.

I'm very happy with my bluetooth devices, keyboard and mouse they make things much easier, the best thing about the mouse is being able to click on things with accuracy instead of blundering around with my finger...So far so good...Dave...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Lancastrian, do you find your speed of use much faster with the mouse?

I've wondered a bit about this. HD+ screen is large enough. I like the keyboard and mouse (although mouse pad isn't ideal) on my Surface so much I'm wondering about creating a similar setup for Nook HD+.

Contributor
Lancastrian
0 Kudos

Hi, 5ivedom,

yes it is quicker especialy when writing and it also helps a lot when scrolling through books in the library but its best of all for browsing the web I can click on those tiny X's and arrows makes life much easier...Dave...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks.

You covered the two main things I was interested in knowing about. Writing and surfing. thanks.

Contributor
Lancastrian
0 Kudos

Another good thing I forgot to mention in my previous message is that the microsoft 5000 works on my armchair's arm whilst lounging back no mouse pad needed...Dave...

New User
gchermes
0 Kudos

Hmmm...

I'm trying to get the exact same device to work with my HD+ and it doesn't even show up. I have a Zagg keyboard working just fine, so I'm perplexed as to why the mouse isn't showing up. I may have to try it on a different device to rule out my nook.

Anybody else using it with a keyboard? I just want to make sure the two don't have some sort of conflict.

Correspondent
DonMN

I just got a new Gear Head 9500 bluetooth mouse at a very reasonable price that works great with my HD+.  No problems pairing.  Curiously, I tried to pair it with my wife's Kindle HD 8.9" and it said it was not compatible.

Many of the controls on webpages are easier to select with the mouse. The right click does not do what I expected, but the long press left click works on link to allow you to open in a new tab.

Also the back button on the side of the mouse works to activate the back arrow on all screens, even when the back arrow symbol is not visible on the screen.  For example, some here have complained that when you go into a book from the Library or Shop, there is no way to go back to the Library or Shop except to press the Nook button to get to the Home and then select Library or Shop.  With the mouse, I just press on the back button and I go back to where I was in the Library or Shop.

You can do just about everything without touching the screen.  Wait!  What am I saying? Is that an advantage?  I almost forgot that the touch screen is a major feature of a tablet.  I'm confused now. :smileywink:

Reader 2
pag99
0 Kudos

I have a Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse and it works perfectly, including the left/right up/down swiping.  highly recommend as a small mouse in general!

ygw
New User
ygw
0 Kudos

lenovo n6901 also works.
Reader
Shadowfax44
0 Kudos

Help! My Microsoft 5000 paired fine but I don't have a pointer. I bought it used and don't have any instructions with it. Any help is appreciated.

New User
Techbob
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any suggestion for other BT Mouse in addition to the MS Mouse mentioned, how to get it to be recognized by the Nook HD+ or Nook HD?

Correspondent
DonMN
0 Kudos

I highly recommend the Gear Head 9500.

Reader 2
m4paws

I have a BT keyboard made by Adesso that works really well with my Nook HD+.  I was curious if a BT mouse would work, so I bought a cheap one off Ebay.  It's a laser mouse as opposed to an optical one, which means you can use it without a mouse pad.  

It paired easily with the Nook HD+.  My only complaint is how small the mouse pointer is.

This is the one I got (seller shipped the mouse and forgot to include the charging cable, but I had one from a cellphone that works fine):  http://www.ebay.com/itm/281220037271?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Reader
myherbalsurf
0 Kudos

Just bought the Sculpt Comfort Mouse from Microsoft for $36.99 from Best Buy and it works great! Granted I am rooted and running CM11 with 4.4.2 on Nightly roms from CyanogenMod, but this mouse is great and the pointer is normal size just like on a regular computer! Can't beat it!