New User
7bookbug
0 Kudos

Bluetooth device

Is there a list of Bluetooth devices that the Nook HD Plus is compatible with? 

Frequent Contributor
vinnyc
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth device

It should be compatible with any Bluetooth device, I read somewhere (I thought it was in the manual but can't find it now) that the HD+ BT supports all BT formats. I have  Sony BT headphones and they work perfectly with the HD+ right out of the box.

Frequent Contributor
TigerBlak_
0 Kudos

Not all Bluetooth devices work with it.  When I called tech support I was told that only speakers and headphones work with it, but I've found through trial and error that some keyboards (Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android 3.0+) work with it as well.  

New User
glassmonkey
0 Kudos

I have a Plantronics BackBeat 903+ which would not be seen by my Nook HD+. I was told via e-mail "We have checked on the specifications of your headphone and found out that it has microphone on it. As of now, NOOK HD+ does not support headsets with microphone and that is the reason why it will not pair. Being able to pair a headphones with microphone is a very nice idea."

So I bought a Creative Labs WP-300 which does not have a microphone. My Nook HD+ does not see this either.

According to the user guide on my new Nook, there is a compatibility list but we should contact our local BN store for that. 

BN, please make this list available on the Nook HD support site. Thank you.

Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, I bought a set of headphones with a microphone before I read this. They work perfectly with my iPhone but not my Nook HD+ and I'm bummed.  Guess I'll see if they'll work with my son's Kindle Fire and pass them along to him. Ugh.

New User
48anna
0 Kudos

Newly purchased MS Wedge bluetooth keyboard can be seen as "available" but will not pair to my Nook HD. Tried until blue in the face. Took it in-store to BN as advised via instructions and the in-store clerk had the exact info taken out of my instructions. Clerk advised that all the bluetooth stuff was new to the staff and they are working alongside the customer to figure it all out, too.

Old Jabra headset seen as "available" and pairs but does not work at all when paired.

Purchased Nook HD 2 days ago and would really like a listing of bluetooth compatible products, as well. I am new to the Nook world and my experience thus far has been more frustrating that "fun" or productive.

Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman

@48anna I have the same MS Wedge keyboard and I have mine working. I posted instructions on getting it paired with the Nook here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/Bluetooth-Keyboards/m-p/1404300#U1404300

I also have a MS Blue Tooth Mouse 5000 that is paired and working fine with my Nook HD+. I hope the instructions help and I'm happy to answer any further questions I can with regards to pairing the keyboard.

Reader
Jaebyrd11
0 Kudos

how exactly did you get the logitech tablet keyboard for android 3+ to pair it won't pair for me. any help would be appreciated.

Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

I have a Zagg profolio plus blue tooth keyboard and it works fine, its also good for my ipad.
Inspired Contributor
fitbobcat
0 Kudos

I have a bluetooth speaker that it works great with
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
New User
VJSM
0 Kudos

I have the Logitech keyboard for Android 3.0 that I desperately want to connect to my Nook HD+. Has anyone done this and please please give me info if you've been successful ! THANKS

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

VJSM wrote:

I have the Logitech keyboard for Android 3.0 that I desperately want to connect to my Nook HD+. Has anyone done this and please please give me info if you've been successful ! THANKS

See post below on Five Bluetooth Keyboards - somr Logitech keyboards work, others don't.  Specific mkdel info would be helpful in getting an answer.

Contributor
redhdgirl417

Poetic BT keyboard with case pairs terrifically.
Reader
Banditsdad

Re: Compatible Bluetooth device

I purchased bluetooth headphones that pair easily with Nook HD+. The brand and model is ECO-V300. The price from Amazon is $29.00.  The phones provide excellent sound with bass and mid-range sounding natural. It's not advertised but they sound like "open back" due to good stereo separation. Yet, when removing the phones there is no detracting noise to other people present. INCREDIBLE BUY FOR THE PRICE AND SOUND. They are not Sennheiser's nor expensive, but very pleasing.

To pair, I initiated the phones and then turned on bluetooth on the Nook. Took less than 10 seconds.  

A tip: make sure you hold down the MFB button, then release as light starts blinking and make sure it continues blinking while you turn on Nook bluetooth.  Everything will auto connect with no problem.

Hope this helps.

Correspondent
Zeph
0 Kudos

@Banditsdad:  Thanks for the tip.  I'm willing to risk $29 on an experiment, where I wasn't willing to risk $150.  I'll give them a shot and see what happens.

--
Dr H
Correspondent
Zeph
0 Kudos

Banditsdad wrote:

I purchased bluetooth headphones that pair easily with Nook HD+. The brand and model is ECO-V300. The price from Amazon is $29.00. 

To pair, I initiated the phones and then turned on bluetooth on the Nook. Took less than 10 seconds.

I checked out these phones at Amazon, and there are like 50 different sets of headphones with that model number (ECO-V300), all liksted as being compatible with different devices, none of which seem to be the Nook. 

Now I know bluetooth devices aren't that specific, but I did notice that all of these phones also contain a microphone (for "hands free" phone operation), and I've read all over the web that the Nook won't work with a headset that includes a mike.  I can understand why this might be the case if the HD+ only has one bluetooth channel, and both the phones and the mike try to access it at the same time.
Does yours include a mike, or am I just looking at the wrong item?

--
Dr H
Reader
Banditsdad

Yes, mine has a mic.  I went back to Amazon site and looked at others, just different colors. Mine are black. The exact model I ordered was ECO-V300-12152. 3.5mm, sold by PINKTECH AND FULFILLED BY Amazon. The phones really do work with no problems.

Almost forgot.  On the page listing the headphones, look below at "other sellers". You will find the same product  "like new" or "used" and some of them fulfilled by Amazon.

Let me know if i can be of further assistance.

Correspondent
Zeph
0 Kudos

Banditsdad wrote:

Yes, mine has a mic.  I went back to Amazon site and looked at others, just different colors. Mine are black. The exact model I ordered was ECO-V300-12152. 3.5mm, sold by PINKTECH AND FULFILLED BY Amazon. The phones really do work with no problems.

Almost forgot.  On the page listing the headphones, look below at "other sellers". You will find the same product  "like new" or "used" and some of them fulfilled by Amazon.

Let me know if i can be of further assistance.

If they work, they work, I guess.
Wonder why so many others couldn't get the mike/phones combo to work?

Oh well, I'll give them a try,  Thanks for the help.

--
Dr H
New User
hubarlow
0 Kudos