Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth headphones - has anyone found ones that work? (non-microphone)

So, I bought a nice pair of bluetooth headphones. They work great with my iPhone but when I tried to sync them to my Nook HD+, it just would't happen.  I found a post on these boards that the problem is likely due to the headphones having a built in microphone which is not supported.

I really want a set of bluetooth headphones to use with my Nook! Anyone find such a thing yet that they know works? 

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
vinnyc
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth headphones - has anyone found ones that work? (non-microphone)

I have the Sony DR-BT22 Bluetooth headphones and they work fine with the Nook HD+, Sony website says they are no longer available but I found mine at Amazon for around $35, good luck.

Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

Thanks. Amazon only has them now thru other vendors starting @ $80 and up. I'll keep lookng though.
Inspired Contributor
sflawguy1
0 Kudos

I picked up a Jabra Halo2 from a shop downstairs from where I work.  They paired right away.

They sound good and are comfortable--and I have a big head.  (7 3/4)  Amazon sells them for around 70.

These have a microphone, so information in other threads about headphones not working when they have a microphone may not be completely correct.  (But note on these the microphone is invisible, I don't even know where it is.  These are not the type of headsets where the microphone sticks out.)

Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

I emailed the sellers on Amazon who I purchased the headphones from about my issue. They responded that these headphones with mic *would* work and asked me to provide a screen shot so they could help me get them working. When I went back to got through the process again, I saw the "Search for Device" at the top right of the screen. Tapping on that is what I missed the first time around. Upon tapping on "Search for Device" the Nook HD+ "found" the headphones and connected without issue. So, yes the information about mic enabled headphones not working with the HD+ is inaccurate.
Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

And for anyone looking for a pair of headphones, I purchased the Kinivo BTH220 headphones from Amazon for $30.