Frequent Contributor
vinnyc
0 Kudos

Bluetooth headphones

I just bought my NOOK HD+ today---it is great. I was wondering if anyone has tried Bluetooth headphones and if so how well did it work

Thanks

Frequent Contributor
MarshaInSC
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth headphones

I have used a bluetooth speaker, which worked perfectly. I would guess bluetooth headphones would have similar results.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I have sony bt headphones and they worked great. Listening to music while i read.
Frequent Contributor
vinnyc
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies, hope you are enjoying you NOOK HD+, had one slight problem with sideloading but called CS and fixed the problem in quickly for me

Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

I must say that I really don't know what this means, to me! :smileyhappy:  Are these headphones different than the ones I purchased for my NC, the b&n ones?

What does having the bluetooth earphones do with the NHD+?

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

2noelle. Bluetooth are wireless, similar to the ones used by phones but with 2 earpieces and stereo.
Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

Hi Patgolfneb, thanks for responding to my question!
Inspired Correspondent
njnookman
0 Kudos

For those of us who wear hearing aids, Bluetooth is a wonderful thing.  Most in-the-ear cellphone headsets -- that operate on Bluetooth -- only provide +35 DB of amplification.  A hearing aid, on the other hand, has a customized equalizer profile built in, aand it provides as much as 60-80 DB of amplification.  Therefore, if I can get the electronic signal before amplification up to the hearing aid, I get much better clarity and performance than trying to listen to a sound from a speaker.

Unfortunately -- not many of us have Bluetooth hearing aids, yet.  Has anyone tried this yet?  The known manufacturers are Oticon and Siemens.

Inspired Contributor
fitbobcat
0 Kudos

I recently bought a bluetooth speaker and it works perfect. have fun with your new headphones.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx