Frequent Contributor
bru20
0 Kudos

Books aren't staying in the Nook Cloud

I've put several books in the Nook cloud but each time my library resyncs the cloud symbol is gone so I assume they are back on the tablet.  It doesn't happen to all only some. Any ideas how to get them to stay in the cloud?

Reader 2
3ninjasmom
0 Kudos

Re: Books aren't staying in the Nook Cloud

Me too....

New User
albatrossdv
0 Kudos

my books are doing the same thing.
Frequent Contributor
bru20
0 Kudos

Sarcasm on.  Glad to see that over three months later the problem persists.  Sarcasm off.

When I called support about this in October the rep easily duplicated the issue using her account.  Was assured a ticket would be opened.  Obviously not.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Nooks are set up to automatically download 5 books when synching. It's part of the feature to automatically download your newly purchased ebooks. If you want them to remain in the cloud, archive them instead of just moving them to the cloud.

To archive,tap and hold on a book while simultaneously pressing the volume up button, then select the archive option.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Frequent Contributor
bru20
0 Kudos

laurieb52 wrote:

Nooks are set up to automatically download 5 books when synching. It's part of the feature to automatically download your newly purchased ebooks. If you want them to remain in the cloud, archive them instead of just moving them to the cloud.

To archive,tap and hold on a book while simultaneously pressing the volume up button, then select the archive option.

Archiving is not the same as putting them in the cloud.  Similar result but different operation.

New User
PegasusMD
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem and it only started recently. There was nothing in the manual about the achiving option but found it on this forum. I would perfer to have a solution for in the cloud feature as My wife and I share an account and would like the books to still show up on her listing of the library (availalbe for download). She a little device challeged and would not like her having to switch or figure out how to see archived books.

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

PegasusMD wrote:

I'm having the same problem and it only started recently. There was nothing in the manual about the achiving option but found it on this forum. I would perfer to have a solution for in the cloud feature as My wife and I share an account and would like the books to still show up on her listing of the library (availalbe for download). She a little device challeged and would not like her having to switch or figure out how to see archived books.

You'd have problems regardless of cloud/archive... Since those actions are global to the account, not local to the device.

If your wife downloads a book, it will download to every compatible device linked to the account. Conversely, if you archive it, it will disappear from all devices when they next sync.

Baron Wulfraed