Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

Books disappearing

My side loaded books are disappearing off my book shelves.  Is there going to be a fix for this and if so when?  I updated to (2.0.5), have over 1200 books total, 400 side loaded.  I also have a SanDisk 32 gig and 2 profiles.  Also on profiles you can't create a self by the same name on 2 different profiles.  If I have a shelf name "Mysteries" I can't create a shelf named "Mysteries" on a second profile.  This isn't a big problem because I worked around this by adding a numer in front of the shelf name "1: Mistery" and for the second profile "2: Mistery".

Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

Re: Books disappearing

I forgot to say I have a Nook HD+
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Issues with Shelves are, unfortunately, quite common.

They do happen with B&N books too - However, they seem to be most frequent when either

1) You have a SD card.

or

2) You have sideloaded books on an SD Card.

IN V2.0.5 B&N has added some fixes. However, a few people still get issues.

First thing to try would be to update to V2.0.5.

Go to Settings.

Then Device Information

On right will be your software version number.

If it doesn't say V2.0.5 then tap on it and you'll get a green 'Check for updates' button. Tap that to update.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Consider placing your sideloaded books on the HD itself and reserving your SD card for movies,music and photos until the shelving issue gets totally resolved.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

I had the same issue with my side loaded books on my sd card. I moved the books to the internal memory on my hd+ and my ew shelves wth tne bn content and mt sidd loaded books have remained through shut downs and reboots.